We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking a rental car

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
parking a rental car

Hi, we are thinking/hoping to hire a car for the duration of our stay in Cavtat, the only problem is, our apartments are right on the seafront above the restaurants, can anyone tell me if I will be able to park anywhere nearby, I don't fancy paying 10 days worth of hourly parking charges xx thanks

8 replies to this topic
Buckinghamshire...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Ston, Slano, Peljesac Peninsula, Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
1 review
1. Re: parking a rental car

I'm sure you will be able to find somewhere at the top of the hill before you go down into Cavtat, but it will be a ten minute walk. I don't know for sure, but it's worth enquiring about long term rates for the car park which may be acceptable. I do not know if Cavtat car parks have them but Ston certainly has more reasonable rates for stays longer than an hour or two.

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: parking a rental car

Ah, right, thanks Richard, I'll ask, are the charges from 08.00 to 18.00 or will they charge for overnight too do you think ?? xxx

Buckinghamshire...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Ston, Slano, Peljesac Peninsula, Mostar, Herzegovina-Neretva Canton
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
1 review
3. Re: parking a rental car

If it's the same as Ston, then charges are overnight too - and parking wardens enforce them!

cannieScot
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: parking a rental car

I was there in June and just up from sea front is a car park with a barrier and the chap was there all day and night not sure how much it cost but always saw lots of cars and buses there

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: parking a rental car

thank you both xxx I think I might give the hire car a miss and used the boat and bus to get around, it may cost me a lot of money otherwise :)

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
6. Re: parking a rental car

You really do not need a car in Cavtat and you will find the only sensible space to leave a car for a week is the car park lot. You will pay for the daily and nightly rates, it is not cheap. May I suggest you do not bother renting a car, you will find Cavtat to be an easy stroll.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: parking a rental car

Depending where your accommodation is on the seafront. I recall seeing a car park at the side of the Epidaurus. It was very quiet at the end of June and it appeared to have an attendant. Not sure of the cost though.

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: parking a rental car

Thank you both, yes, we have already decided against a car as public transport seems readily available and the cost outweighs any benefit we would gain of renting one xx I'll have a look near the Epidaurus while we are there though xx

Reply to: parking a rental car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations