We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago

Zurich
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago

Hi,

Travelling to Myanmar in April and considering a trip down to the Myeik archipelago.

My question is whether it is feasible to just go to Kawthaung and find a sailing or boat trip on the spot there (3 to 4 days) with a local company. Or should I book something advance?

Thanks, kristine

3 replies to this topic
Myanmar
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago

Kristine!

You should inquire at one of the local operator in advance for a schedule diving package. Most of the diving operators’ head offices are based in Yangon. There is no many diving experts in Myanmar, just very few. If you are a FIT, should check the cabin availability in advance.

Good Luck!

Zurich
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago

Hi!

Thank you for your reply! I am not looking for a diving trip, more a snorkelling or sailing trip. Does that make a difference?

Also, do you have a recommendation for a tour operator in Yangon?

Thanks, kristine

Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago

Hmmm - you want to explore Myeik i guess; not do some very damaging kind of fishing ?

And you did scroll down 1 page and read the very informative post "Myeik, permit, and what you can do without" ?

It shows what one can do without an MTT permit - there are a few options. Ask Silverswimmer for a email list of tour operators, they can arrange a permit at some cost and time for you.

Cheers, Rolf

Edited: 02 April 2015, 01:13
Reply to: Kawthoung - explosief Muyeik archipelago
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kawthoung