We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

been searching for an apt to rent during a busy time in Rio and finally found 2 openings. One a penthouse apt in Posto 2 area, the other in Posto 6. They are comparable in price but it looks like Posto 6 may be a more popular area? First time in Rio and there for 4 days so want to make the most of it.

Any insights? Thanks in advance

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Posto 6 is closer to Ipanema, so you'll have the opportunity to enjoy both neighborhoods. I personally prefer Posto 6, because I like Ipanema better than Copacabana and Posto 6 is close to Ipa.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Thanks...that seems to be what I'm leaning towards. appreciate the quick response

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Posto 6 area, no doubt.

The small fisher market, right on the biardwalk, mainly on weekend mornings is very interesting.

The Arpoador and its sunset view.

The Copacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana);

The right corner of Copa beach;

its proximity to Ipanema;

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Take a look at the small statue of the "Lady of Copacabana", a bolivian saint, with inca origins, that stands in the middle boardwalk in front of Sofitel.

Very interesting too.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

Thanks for all the pointers. We're working on a plan and trying to make the most of the 4 days we're there before heading to a meeting in Sao Paulo. Appreciate the tips!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

by now u should have gone and come back from rio. I like both areas, however Posto 6 is more upscale. I personally like P2 as well (right by the Copacabana hotel). Advantages of P2 is that you right by Princesa Avenue, so getting to atractions like Sugar Loaf (you could walk) or Christ and center is much closer.

P 6 have more options for turist though. restaurant, hippie market, etc etc etc. You ake your choice. you cannot wrong with any of them in terms of location.

7. Re: Posto 2 area vs. Posto 6 in Copa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro