We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Trancoso - August

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Weather in Trancoso - August

What is the weather actually like in August in Trancoso? I am looking into planning a week with my family visiting from the US in August most likely in Trancoso, Buzios, or Jeri. Is it generally sunny? Last August when they visited in Rio was very overcast, cloudy, and rainy so we'd like to pick a better spot for beaches this year. We have been to Buzios many times and would like to not do the same thing again.

Lastly, will restaurants and bars, etc be open in August generally? Will there be tourists there or will be a deadzone? Thanks for any and all replies!

1 reply
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Weather in Trancoso - August

my "bible" to pick a beach vacation in Brazil is link below... it lists monthly historical average rainfall for many Brazilian beaches (in yellow)... authors dicourage going to any place where avg is higher than 200mm in that month... of course, just avgs; no one can guarantee weather on specific dates... for Trancoso data, look at Porto Seguro (which is the airport you would have to fly to... airport code is BPS, btw):

https:/…

you will see that under this criteria, Jeri scores best (listed as Fortaleza/Jeri in link).... I went to Jeri last Sept, and data was on the spot... sun, no clouds at any time...

but none of the 3 choices are in the "danger" zone or anywhere close to 200mm...

if you choose Jeri, there is a new airport (code: JJD) only 45 minutes from it (instead of the 4 or 5 hours transfer from FOR airport).... Azul has the most flights there, and Gol also some... not daily though...

[assume you know that Jeri only has unpaved streets; the minute you step out of your lodging you will be walking all the time on soft sand to get anywhere; people with reduced mobility, family with strollers etc cant have a harder time]

Reply to: Weather in Trancoso - August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trancoso