We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus ticket office

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Bus ticket office

Hello, I am planning on taking an overnight bus from Salvador with Rapido Federal. The website I'm looking at buying tickets from states that I will be sent vouchers that I need to print and exchange for tickets at the bus station. I am wondering what time the ticket office will be open until to do this? For example, if I arrive at 10pm will it be closed?

Cheers,

Matt

5 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,614 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Bus ticket office

Salvador Bus Station:

https:/…salvador

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Bus ticket office

Thank you for that link, however I don't see any information about opening hours for tickets.

Mindelo, Cape Verde
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Bus ticket office

Matt,

I called the Rodoviaria (central busstation) here in Salvador (at 71 3616 833) and they told me ticket offices keep open until 10:40PM.

For info the ticket office for the Rapido Federal bus company has the following number 71 3450 2991 (but they did not respond at the time I am writing your response here ;-)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,924 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Bus ticket office

yes, even in Brazil any online purchase in only a voucher, to be exchanged for actual bus tkt before boarding bus, you cannot board bus without that... but the voucher does guarantee you a specific seat on a specific bus departure though,,,

exchange is usually done at bus company counter at the "Rodoviária"; some companies have self-service kiosks too...

think of it as a "check-in" to get a boarding pass for a flight... allow some time prior to bus departure time to do that; there can be lines at bus tkt counter, language issues etc... and then you have to make your way from tkt counter to point where bus actually leaves from.

Mostar, Bosnia and...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Bus ticket office

Thank you very much, fluxtrip, that is incredibly kind of you to contact the station on my behalf. Looks like I should have enough time to get to the bus station after my plane lands and exchange my voucher for the ticket. Thank you again.

Reply to: Bus ticket office
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted