We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

Miramar, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

Me and the wife are celebrating our 9th anniversary at the end of the month (March) so we're doing 4 nights at Travaasa. Need some advise.

We will arrive at the airport at 6pm and want a good BBQ on our drive to Travaasa. Any Suggestions?

We are planning one day for Austin viewing including Kayak tour, another day at Travaasa doing their activities, and our final day just relaxing and keeping it open.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

I'd make a stop at Rudy's "Country Store" & Bar-B-Q, 11570 Research Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759. It is on 183, which is right on the route from the airport to Travaasa. It's one of our favorites.

Edited: 25 March 2012, 02:54
Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

Be sure to try the creamed corn at Rudy's mmmmmmmm

Miramar, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

OK Rudy's it is!! Thanks for the suggestion.. Anything around Travaasa to do on our "relaxed" day?

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

You could spend a day exploring downtown, then 6th street at night for live music. Keep in mind that Travaasa is quite a distance from Austin proper.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

Are you planning to kayak on your trip into Austin? Then you will probably be over in the Zilker Park area which also has several fun places for lunch on Barton Springs Rd. - I'd follow that with a little shopping on S. Congress and maybe an early dinner/music in that area.

It shows about 21 miles from Travaasa to Zilker Park Boat rentals (which let you cruise around Ladybird Lake). I would not leave too early if you are there during the week, traffic on Mopac (highway 1) is brutal during rush hour.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

The drive from my condo in south Austin to the marina at Volente beach on Lake Travis is about 45 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday. I'd guess it would be about the same for Travaasa to Zilker Park.

Miramar, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

First, thx for the suggestion for Rudys. It was very good and we enjoyed the ordering process. The lady gave us a sample of most of the food so we could make an informed decission. It was a great first meal.

Also, thx to everyone for there suggestions, we did get to do a little kayaking which was fun as well.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the post-trip feedback.

9. Re: Suggestions for End of March Trip - Travaasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 18:15