We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BYU vs Oklahoma

Utah
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
BYU vs Oklahoma

We plan on being at the BYU vs Oklahoma football game in Sept. I have a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Grand Prairie. Is this a good location as a homebase for seeing sights and attending the game at the New Dallas Cowboys Stadium?

oklahoma
4 posts
1. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

No,I would just stay in north Dallas around the LBJ freeway.I would consider maybe the Dallas Lincoln Center Hilton which has a rate of $119 a night with breakfast.You could also consider downtown Dallas or

the Addison.

GOOD LUCK TO THE BYU COUGARS!!

SEE YOU IN DALLAS!!

BOOMER SOONER!!

oklahoma
4 posts
2. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

celebrationrestaurant.com/restaurant/welcome…

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
757 posts
3. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

Hello, Dinsul2,

For the best information, I urge you to post your question on the Dallas forum. You will get helpful and informative responses, and it is much more active than this one.

I would not choose to stay in Grand Prairie.

Will you have a car? This will make a big difference in what your options are.

How many days will you be there?

I also suggest you read the Dallas forum to gain general information about the area.

Best wishes for a great trip to Texas!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

What are the sights you want to see? The stadium, as you know, is in Arlington, which is almost midway b/t Dallas and Ft. Worth (a little closer to FW). Unfortunately there is no public transportation at this time to get from either city to the stadium, so I hope you will have a car. If you want history and great museums and pretty decent nightlife (Sundance Square), I would choose Fort Worth over Dallas.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
131 reviews
5. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

Actually, if you are just looking for a place to stay and you have a car, the Hampton Inn will be fine. It is on 360 which is a very busy, main hwy cutting through Grand Prairie/Arlington. Depending on what sights you are wanting to see, either Dallas or Fort Worth, you will be close to I-30 and can drive either way. I would not stay at the Lincoln in Dallas- the logistics would be difficult.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

Because of the new stadium, there are many new hotel/motels being built in Arlington. I would suggest one of those over the Hampton Inn in Grand Prarie. The is a new comfort suites, I think it will on Road to Six Flags next to Pappacitos (good Tex-Mex), there's also a ne Holiday Inn Express on I-30, it looks like there's going to be a new Marriot on I-30. There are numerous hotels on Lamar on the East side of 360. Lot's of eating places and some shopping in this area also. There is a shuttle service available for the baseball games and I suspect that they will do the same for football.

It's really easy to hop on I-30 to get to Downtown Ft Worth and the Stockyards as well as to Downtown Dallas just don't do it during rush hour. You might want to consider taking in a baseball game if the Rangers are in town during your visit.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

Correction to previous post the hotels and eating areas are on the West side of 360 on Lamar.

8. Re: BYU vs Oklahoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 05:20