We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Front Desk needs FIRED!

PickyTravelerFamily
1 post
Front Desk needs FIRED!

We have never been treated so rudely!!! Before we even arrived we had problems. When we called to make the reservation we asked the gentleman that we need a brand new hotel. He said no problem, the hotel he was putting us in was only a year old. Okay, sounds great, lets do it! So Randol Mill Rd it was, well, we called the actual hotel not more than 2 minutes later to confirm. This hotel is ***10*** years old!!!!! So we called the reservation line again and spoke with a supervisor who very kindly gave us a cancellation number and advised us that the charges would be reversed shortly. We then found the Holiday Inn (not the Express) on Wet N Wild Way in Arlington ***AWESOME HOTEL***. However, the charges from Randol Mill Rd were still on our credit card. So we attempted to call the hotel directly. An Indian or Mexican lady named Maria picked up the phone and very rudely told us there was nothing she could do without a manager and we would have to call back tomorrow. So we did. Same lady answers and before we can even say hello, she says, "HOLD ON PLEASE" click. The phone rings again and she answers, "Thank you for calling holiday Inn, how can I help you". So I say, yes, you just asked me to hold. And she says again, "HOLD ON PLEASE". Then proceeds to transfer me to the managers voicemail box!! So we call a couple more times and the phone doesn't even answer. Except once, the phone is picked up then without a word is hung up. So we called the reservation line to complain and try to get our money back. The supervisor on the line was rude initially but changed her tune halfway through the call. We are now just waiting 48 hours for a response from the hotel. If we don't hear from them within that time, they are fined $150.00. Needless to say, we are really debating whether or not we want to go through this again. The hotel we finally stayed at was very nice, friendly staff, and all. But is it really worth it when you have to deal with billing and customer service issues like this? I really hope we are compensated.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Front Desk needs FIRED!

Please make sure to post a review in the review section. This thread will sink to the bottom, but the reviews stay there permanently for folks to read.....

2. Re: Front Desk needs FIRED!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:24