We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hill Estate

Which Aiken hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
august, ga
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Hill Estate

Hi all!

Has anyone ever been out to Rose Hill Estate in Aiken, either at a wedding or eating at the Stables Restaurant? Any comments on the food?

3 replies to this topic
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hill Estate

I haven't been there but The Willcox is oustanding.

http://www.thewillcox.com/

South Carolina
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hill Estate

I live in Aiken, and have heard great things about the Rose Hill Estate, but I've never eaten there personally. I have however, toured the grounds extensively and it's a beautiful place.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hill Estate

My Husband and I had our wedding and Reception at Rose Hill Estate in 2005. We had access to all the grounds and the Main House. The management was very accomodating and it provided a wonderful venue. We didn't need to buy flowers because the gardens were in full bloom! We chose to have our cermony in the gardens behind the Chapel - the hydrangeas were lovely and they provided an excellent backdrop for the ceremony. We planned to have our reception in the gardens behind the main house. The weather didn't cooperate, so we moved it to the Main House at the last minute.

We didn't use Rose Hill's catering service. They didn't have a restuarant or chef on staff in 2005. Instead we had the reception catered by What's Cooking. I'm not sure if you have to use their resturant now, but I would shop around if the option is available. There are some great caterers in Aiken.

Some friends of ours were married at Rose Hill in 2009. They used the chapel for their ceremony. It was a little too small for the number of people and many of us had to stand outside during the ceremony. They had their reception in the stable area and it included using the indoor area at Stables Restaurant. Stables Restaurant also provided the catering. The food was great, but our friends said it was more expensive than other caterers they considered. Our friends also rented a tent for the reception in case it rained.

Reply to: Rose Hill Estate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aiken
Recent Conversations