We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agar Apartments / Gumbet

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Agar Apartments / Gumbet

Hi All,

Me and the better half (Donna) had our 1st ever holiday together in Gumbet in 1998, staying at the 'Sunshine Apartments' which if memory serves me correct was on top of the hill in between Bodrum & Gumbet, near to the military base and windmills.

20 years on and at least 30 visits later to the Hisaronu area, I am tempted back as I have noticed a good deal with TUI flying out of Manchester 10th June 19 for just over £700 for 2 weeks.

So with 20 years being a long, long time ago I just wanted to ask a few questions about the hotel and the resort in general as I'm wanting to book as i believe the price will go up rather than go down.

So here goes.

Agar apartments:

I can see the hotel has 5 star reviews which is great, but the area around the hotel is it bars, bars and more bars or is it a place to chill and relax after coming back from the main strip area?

Recommended rooms or rooms to avoid, after all 2 weeks in the same place needs to be enjoyed

Gumbet Resort:

As said above, Hisaronu is our destination of choice, but we need to get out more, I've read a lot about A.I becoming the norm in this area and as a result bars and restaurants have become very pushy to get people in, is there much truth in this? als if anyone has been to Hisaronu, then how does Gumbet compare in regards to being approached?

Bar, restaurant and excursion prices, would people say this is roughly inline with the Hisaronu area?

I'll leave it there for now, as there's no point in asking war and peace just yet until we've gone ahead with the booking.

Thanks for any responses.

Cheers Adam

Mentioned in this post
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
1,173 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
8 replies to this topic
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,679 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

The Agar isn’t surrounded by bars ... it’s in a quieter part of Gumbet so you can chill there, maybe have a last quieter drink after hitting the main area.

Jak xx

Mentioned in this post
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

Thanks Jak, much appreciated

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

as Jakki has said,the Agar is in a quiet area of Gumbet.

never been to Hisaronu but have been on the forums and Facebook pages and would say prices seem pretty much the same.

the main area for hotels becoming AI is along the beachfront area in our opinion.

still lots of fantastic reasonably priced places around for food and drinks.

we have been going to Gumbet for quite a few years now and love it.

we went to Olu Deniz last year and the prices there were way higher than Gumbet.

Mentioned in this post
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

To get a good view of the Agar all you have to do is read the reviews, as i'm sure you have, This will be our 4th visit to the Agar in June, and for the next few years, cant see us going anywhere else. The flight and holiday dates for next year that you are looking at. is the same one we are looking at, but we're going to wait to see JET2 prices, as we prefer travelling with them. there prices will be out soon

May see you there next year

crateegg

Mentioned in this post
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

We stayed at he Agar's sister apartments, Watergarden by Agar, a few years ago, and were dismayed to find no air con in the bedroom, only the kitchen/lounge, which in the heat wave we had was ridiculous. Has the Agar got the same bizarre arrangement?

Mentioned in this post
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

Are you planning on going to The Agar TruumphNed ??

crateegg

Mentioned in this post
Agar Apartments
Agar Apartments
441 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

Triumph Ned, just leave the bedroom door open and the cold air will filter through. It always used to be the same at the Tropicana Beach

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Tropicana Beach Hotel
784 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agar Apartments / Gumbet

No, crateeg, we have booked the Hotel Bagevleria as you get too many kids in apartments. I was just wondering about the A/C. Leaving the door open had no effect, kitty, alas.

In reply to the OP, we stay in Hisaronu regularly, and I would say Gumbet is pretty similar,with the one main road lined with bars and restaurants aimed mainly at Brits, but with beach as well. Like His, you can catch a dolmus to other resorts, and Bodrum is a proper working town like Fetiye, but with a nice marina, castle and tourist area along the prom. Like Olu deniz, Bodrum is the classier and pricier neighbour.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Reply to: Agar Apartments / Gumbet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted