We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Utrecht, The...
5 posts
Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

I've been to NAIA Terminal 1 last year but I didn't notice the Arrival area where the families/friends will pick up there BALIKBAYANs. Maybe because when I went out from the airport, I directly turned right where the free shuttle is located for Terminal Transfers. My question is, WHERE is the Arrival Area/Waiting Area located? Is it safe to wait there at 9pm? Do they have guards on duty at that area?

35 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
80 reviews
31. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

I'm wondering the same thing. My flight arrives at Terminal 1 at 10pm, from there can I access the departure area and sleep there? I really want to avoid taking taxi alone at night...

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
32. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Arriving at Terminal 1, there are a few chairs near the baggage area that you could sleep if you took all the seats. Anybody can enter the arrivals area. They would just have to go through a baggage screen to enter. We left and re-entered at 3am without showing passport or boarding card. There are some security people there. I would feel relatively safe there

If you go across the street to the greeting area, there are plenty of seats beside Jollibee restaurant where you could sleep. It is unsecured. Many people are there. Again, it felt safe to me

If you go back to departures, I saw few seats there and I wonder whether you could even stay overnight there. If you can get through security, there are beds available on the fourth floor. But you'd need a boarding pass to get through security

A possible cheap option is to get an Uber to one of the hourly hotels (SoGo is one of them). I think an Uber would be less than PHP150 and SoGo might be 500 for 12 hours?

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
361 posts
119 reviews
33. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

there is a new sogo in roxas blvd that just opened this year. it's a bit farther drive than the sogo at edsa.. but... i'm hoping that since it's a new sogo, it would still be a bit more cleaner.,

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
3 posts
34. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Is there any access going up to departure from arrival area or vise versa on NAIA terminal 1

1 post
35. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Kung saan po nagsisimula name nung susunduin, dun po maghihintay?

Reply to: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted