We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Utrecht, The...
5 posts
Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

I've been to NAIA Terminal 1 last year but I didn't notice the Arrival area where the families/friends will pick up there BALIKBAYANs. Maybe because when I went out from the airport, I directly turned right where the free shuttle is located for Terminal Transfers. My question is, WHERE is the Arrival Area/Waiting Area located? Is it safe to wait there at 9pm? Do they have guards on duty at that area?

35 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

If you arrive in T1 there is no arrivals area in the terminal building. You walk out of the exit door and cross over the road and there are two ramps down to a long area of pavement(sidewalk) marked with letters A to Z. Opposite there is a long building again marked A-Z where the visitors peer out looking for you access to which is from the car park usually overflowing behind it and in between the visitors and friends often a stream of cars.

So you go to where your name is Robert (Bob) Fisher known as Ziggy where you are meeeting Alona Ramos known as Lonny to her friends and Nonny to her mum. Robert or Bob is not sure whether to look in the A,R,N or L window and Alona is not sure whether sh should be going up and down looking for B RM or F but could be a P .......................that is what cellphones are for ! best send the person abroad a 40 peso sim with some load to go in an unlocked phone or arrang to meet at the hotel or do as I did

yours Truly Edward aka Ted aka Bruno aka Sampag1ta aka Jasmine aka Xyqyloti

Edited: 01 March 2015, 11:13
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

yes, it is safe at 9pm

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
672 reviews
3. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Just agree to meet up at the area where the 1st letter of their family name belongs to. Just make sure they know that when you say a name like ceballos, you go to letter C, not letter S.

Edited: 01 March 2015, 12:28
Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

I have never had a problem meeting anyone at Terminal 1. Use first letter of family names only, not nick names or given names, and go to that area and wait.

Even meeting people without cellphones have not been a problem and in 1987 when I first came here, hardly anyone had a cp anyway.

Utrecht, The...
5 posts
5. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

So there are security personnels around that area right? So it won't be dangerous for the waiting person? Because far as my concern, outsiders can freely walk inside Terminal 1's compound. Thank you so much! :)

Utrecht, The...
5 posts
6. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Thank you so much! I highly appreciate your help. :)

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Hope this helps

silent-gardens.com/….VPNgGdkgGc1

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Hope this helps

silent-gardens.com/….VPNgGdkgGc1

But I have my own query - if I am met at the greeting area can I go back up the ramp after meeting my greeter and get a yellow airport taxi to our hotel? Just to be clear it's me arriving on an international flight and being met at NAIA Terminal 1

canberra
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

Would it not be easier to meet somewhere in the city?

Cebu City...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,347 posts
53 reviews
10. Re: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??

outsiders can freely walk inside Terminal 1's compound

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it is controlled. Last time I was met by some one, they had to pay P30 to get through the gate to where I was waiting.

For SteveB. I have not heard of any one doing it but it is certainly physically possible to just walk back up the ramp and get a taxi.

Reply to: Waiting Area for ARRIVALS - NAIA Terminal 1, Where??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manila