We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Romantic Getaway"

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
"Romantic Getaway"

Im getting Married this coming April and we were thinking to go somewhere wherein we could spend the whole day with good ambiance. I love history and places wherein I could learn something new about it =)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,838 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

Best wishes to you and your would be partner for life!

I suggest you search about Corregidor if you're interested in war history.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

Best wishes SIttie Mae Teves! Well since you love history, I highly suggest that The Manila hotel Is the Perfect hotel for you. You could also try to check The Peninsula In Makati for they do have good architechtural Interior designs and elegant amenities.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 03:16
Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

@ kegler747: Thank you =) I will take note of that. Corregidor is a good choice as well..but do you know the time frame for us how to get there coming from manila?

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

@ JL: Thank you!haha Manila hotel is my first choice..since there's a lot of famous people who have stayed there before and its one of the oldest hotel..but what's with peninsula???

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

Give us a hint of what you want to learn?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,257 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

ahh Ed, its a honey moon, that answers your question about learning

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

Well Sittie That is actually a very Good question! The Peninsula is also A 5 star Hotel Property that Has all the Luxurious amenities that is perfect for your wedding I suppose. They do have a huge pool, they offer a very good view of the buzy street in Ayala ave, The Lobby is really majestic and the foods are very tasty and so many choices to choose.

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

@leftovertoo: honeymoon for learning??..i think you misunderstood me..

@ Ed: looking for something wherein I could learn something new about philippine history. Im not sure if you are from the philippines so im not sure if you understand what im saying =)

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

You want to learn Philippines history? Books & libraries are your best friends. You may have googles for a starter.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,838 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Romantic Getaway"

How many days are you staying in Manila? The fast ferry to Corregidor leaves daily at about 7:00am. If you will be staying in the historical Manila Hotel then the ferry terminal near Cultural Center of the Philippines is just a 10 mins. taxi ride away. You can do a day tour or stay overnight in a very old hotel.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 13:32