We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in KL

Toulouse, France
5 posts
Nightlife in KL

Greeting dear experts and fellow travelers, i ll be spending 4 nights during Christmas in KL, i am mainly interested in nightlife, i have been reading tons of blogs , articles and reviews about it and i still feel i have no clue what to expect. I am looking to find places lively places, not places like sky bar where you sit and enjoy a view.

Here is a bunch of places i found and read about, can you give advice about those and tell me if i missed anything .

1- Havana grill ( from review the restaurant that turn into club on second floor seem very good)

2- Zook ( too many rooms, too big , ratio men is 10 times more)

3- Rootz , big club in downtown that sounds interesting

4- Pinchos seemed nice with international crowd.

Thanks a lot for your insight :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
40,466 posts
352 reviews
398 helpful votes
1. Re: Nightlife in KL

LOL, as you can see by the lack of hoards of replies to your post, that night-life in Kuala Lumpur is pretty quiet and not a big deal.

I would expect a very small number of clubs given the size of the city. LOL, the fact that you were only able to find 4 does say a lot.

I would look north to Thailand if night-life is more important to you, as you will find very limited in Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur. However, you may find the street, Changkat Bukit Bintang is a more lively street without the clubs but 'pub' type places.

Edited: 8 years ago
VC
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
14,710 posts
71 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Nightlife in KL

Turn your sights in Bangkok or Pattaya if that's what you want.

There in the bars ration of bar girls to men is probably 10:1 (men)?

KL is not known for those type of things

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
282 posts
53 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Nightlife in KL

hehee i am stopping couple of nights on my way to thailand... i picked 4 on my list but there was many actually. Maic i meant the opposite for few clubs like zouk, too many guys.... i know thailand guys i ve been there 4 times and all for long periods.. But i wanted to see what KL has to offer, i am optimistic though, specially for 2 restaurant bars close to my hotel called pisco & havana, aparently both have good lay out and get real busy with international crowd... if that didn t work out i ll move to the bigger clubs .

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
15,614 posts
51 reviews
42 helpful votes
4. Re: Nightlife in KL

Unless you specifically want a large dance club then Changkat Bukit Bintang with its many bars, cafes and restaurants has a great vibe and a very nice cosmopolitan crowd of young guys and women.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
282 posts
53 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: Nightlife in KL

Thanks lenny, yeah i think i am gonna stick to changkat :)

VC
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
14,710 posts
71 reviews
98 helpful votes
6. Re: Nightlife in KL

Yup Changkat would be the first place to stop. Jalan P Ramlee would be the second.

Galashiels...
Level Contributor
113 posts
34 reviews
44 helpful votes
7. Re: Nightlife in KL

Yep changkat is always busy at night note wednesday (ladies night) the weekends are busy too, I like Sultan in Mandarin Oriental. This is one of the nicer clubs and it does have a more international crowd. Enjoy your stay!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
65 helpful votes
8. Re: Nightlife in KL

Changkat Bukit Bintang offers more of pubs, and if you're bored with one pub you could always walk down to the next one.

I heard the new Zouk has opened up with about 10 different rooms to offer, that's probably something you can consider of trying.

Alternatively, I personally liked Marini's 57, which is located at the new tower next to KLCC (entrance is closer to Mandarin Oriental entrance). The place doesn't offer a proper dance floor, but music and booze isn't too bad.

Good luck and hope you'll enjoy KL!

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
282 posts
53 reviews
22 helpful votes
9. Re: Nightlife in KL

KharyanLiew thank you so much for your precious advice, since i only have 3 nights in KL i want to make the most out of it, i was thinking of buying bottle in those places to secure a table, i heard havana has a great party almost every night

10. Re: Nightlife in KL

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.