We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach holiday in malaysia

Gympie
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
beach holiday in malaysia

Wondering where are the best spots to look at a seven day trip to relax after kl, 3-4 star easy to get around and snorkeling if possible. Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,176 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

When are you coming?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,438 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

I would look to Thailand

Mentioned in this post
Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

I would look at your own backyard for the best assortment of clean gorgeous beaches in the world.

Just my opinion, I don't go to Asia for a good beach holiday.

Kevin

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

Kota Kinabalu would be my choice for what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

We spent 5 nights in September this year in Pulau Perhentian (Perhentian Islands) - Tuna Bay on Perhentian Besar. Snorkelling and scuba diving are the focus on the islands, with a great variety of reefs easily accessible.

The accommodation on Perhentian Besar is cabin style, with 3-3.5 star being the upper end. But, for us at least, we were just crashing into bed at night, after swimming and/or walking every day.

Getting there might put you off a little - from Oz, it requires a flight to KL, then to Kota Bharu, 45-60 minute transfer to Kuala Besut and then 45 minute ferry....but the snorkelling is worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Kota Bharu
Kota Bharu
Kelantan, Malaysia
6. Re: beach holiday in malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 15:17