We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LCCT Transit

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Umina Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
LCCT Transit

Hi

Never transited through LCCT before and not to sure what to expect.

I am arriving to the LCCT from Sydney with Airasia and then flying out 3.5 hours later to Clark.

I have no checked luggage so will I have to pass through immigration or can I proceed to the International departure lounge?

Airasia says no I don't but I am getting conflicting information on the net.

I have already processed my web check in and hold the boarding passes for all legs.

Is the departure lounge close by to Arrivals or is it a long walk? Floor plans of the LCCT do my head in and everyone seems to be different.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LCCT Transit

You have posted twice. if you go to one of your posts open and click "Report Inappropriate Content" and then click "remove my post". it will disappear

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LCCT Transit

Hi there,

I'm not sure about the KL to Clark leg, but read the print on your copy of the boarding pass. You will have to go to the check in counter to redeem your pass for the real pass and also present your passport. Previously when I have had connecting international flights( that were not fly through) , I had to clear immigration and go back through. It wasn't a drama, LCCT isnt very big and it makes the time go quicker. If you get confused, just ask someone, most people you will find very helpful. Read all of the information that accompanies your itinerary. If your incoming flight is running late, let the air hostess know and they can be accommodating when you disembark. Cheers, have fun

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LCCT Transit

If you have the boarding passes for both legs then you will be on a fly thru and will not have to go through immigration.

Everything is close by so there are no long walks.

I have done this LCCT a few times and it is pretty straight forward.

Umina Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: LCCT Transit

Excellent - thanks for the advice

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LCCT Transit

Hi

Have you bought a 'fly-thru' ticket? It will be clearly marked on your e-ticket and invoice. If not then, yes, Air Asia is correct you will have to clear immigration and check in again - if you have not already checked in online! As a point to point carrier, unless you buy 'fly thru' tickets then Air Asia keeps its costs down by not having transits.

Having boarding pass for both legs does not mean you have 'flu thru' only that you have checked in for both legs!

You don't say when you are travelling, but LCCT will be moving sometime this year, probably in June - September this year to KLIA2. So whilst LCCT is pretty tiny and departures and arrivals near each other on one level, no one can give guidance for the new KLIA2, however as a guide normally departures are on a higher level to arrivals (airports the world round) and the new KLIA2 is multi levelled. As with all airports in Malaysia everything is very well signposted!

The departures lounge at LCCT is close to arrivals, not a long walk - the whole terminal is pretty tiny. The new terminal is much bigger, but walkways and escalators normally make things easy to get around. I find this plan is pretty good for the current LCCT www.lcct.com.my/about-lcct/lcct-floor-plan

Travel safe!!

It looks like you have posted the same question twice, and I know how easy it is to do with a smart-phone. To remove duplicate posting click on Report inappropriate content, scroll down and click on remove my post. It will then be removed. Only you or TA can remove your own duplicate posting, although anyone can do this and select duplicate post

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LCCT Transit

Hi Mitch,

Nowhere on my ticket and invoice does it mention fly-thru. All it has are all the flight and times etc., but I know it is fly-thru as I have done this previously and booked it all in one go.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 13:11
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LCCT Transit

Hey Mitch - I've tried to work out that LCCT map, but it just leaves me confused...all 3 of them!

Please help if you can - I have a fly-thru ticket from Gold Coast/KL/Kuching. AirAsia website says that on arrival in LCCT proceed to the "Transfer Lounge".....so I expect we come in on the bottom left of the first map (International Arrivals) but then where is the "transfer lounge"...and are we then considered an International Departure (bottom left) or, International or Domestic Departure (top centre of map)? The reason I ask, is I would like to exchange some AU$ to RM while in transit, as we arrive in Kuching at 7.30am and don't want to risk the currency exchange not being open there. I have my boarding passes, but there are no gate numbers listed yet.

Also...where do they do the customs check, I assume it must be Kuching because we don't see our main luggage until we get there right?

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: LCCT Transit

i hav a connection at KL LCCT witth air asia.

this is not a fly thought.

I arrive from international (Singapore) and willleave to national (Tawau).

I have no luggage and checkin online will be done.

I have only 1h15. Is this acceptable?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,893 posts
1,619 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LCCT Transit

I think you know the answer to your own question...no you wont make it.

Tommo

Sydney
Level Contributor
143 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LCCT Transit

Cutting it very fine. Since you have no luggage and will be checking in online, hmmmm.... Will depend on how busy immigration is. If you can clear it quickly, and are a fast mover, possible, but improbable.

And that is also assuming your flight is on time.

I certainly wouldn't attempt it, but if you have already booked why choice do you have? One thing in your favour is that Air Asia board their flights at the latest possible time.

Good luck.