We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
961 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

We have three kids aged 4, 8 and 11.

We will be in KL for 6 days.

We are wondering if it is worth going to Kidzania as it is very expensive (international prices are pretty high).

Does anyone know how long it takes to get there by taxi from the city and how much the taxi costs?

Thanks heaps.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

25 to 40 minutes depending on traffic. A normal taxi using a meter should be in the region of RM20-RM25 or thereabouts.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

I think we paid about rm30 for a taxi from Curve to BB.

I have been looking into kidzania also.

You would be paying rm75 each for your kids. Plus at least one adult has to accompany the kids which is another rm50.

Plus add on rm60 for taxi fares.

It seems to be very good and they say you should stay a minimum of 2 hours. Should hope the kids would want to stay a bit longer to get their monies worth.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
961 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, I think it is expensive. That is why we intend to spend the day there. We intend to get there early and see how much they enjoy it. For two hours the cost would not be worth it for us. There are 59 professions to try so I'll ensure they try everything!

We were both considering entering so we could watch what they get up to - see how good a dentist they are or firefighter...it is a bit like a kids sized career expo isn't it!

With the taxis - is it easy enough to find one to take you back into the city? Are there a lot around?

When are peak traffic times in KL?

Thanks again for your help.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

I've taken my kids there twice and they absolutely enjoyed the experience. Try to avoid going on weekends and during school holidays as there will be long queues ( may be up to an hour ) to do some of the more popular activities. Each activity takes roughly about 20 minutes to do . On weekdays there is only one session so your kids can be there for a long time and get to do a whole lot more rather than during the two sessions on weekends. Not worth going there if you can only spare a couple of hours only.

Just a suggestion for you; if you are taking your kids there early, queue up first at the kidzania fire station as the kids will get to ride a mini fire truck with sirens on to put out a 'fire' with real mini water canons. This activity will have one of the longest queues there.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Plenty of taxis around, even if you have to cross the road via the overhead bridge to go to Curve shopping centre to catch one.

Peak hour, worst of it is from 5pm, but it still pretty heavy from about 4pm.

You could always go to Curve to fill in a bit of time until say 7pm. Lots of places to eat.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
961 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Thank you for the great tips - get there early and stay late!

Sounds like it will be worth it.

By the way, is the food for adults very expensive there? From the promo info it looks like kids can 'earn' their own food but the adults can't. Are we allowed to bring our own food?

Thanks again.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

The price of food in there would be about almost double the price of food you would find in the foodcourts. Not that terribly expensive imho.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
961 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Thanks for that traveland kids!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Just thought that I would let you know that if you do pre-book tickets on the internet, when you get to Kidzania they want to see the email they sent you along with the E-tickets (of course) and also your passports as verification that the E-tickets are yours.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and just got a reply.

If you are allowed to buy tickets at the entrance on the day, then it is probably better to do that because then you don't need to bring passports.

The only advantage for me by doing it on the internet is that I purchased them when the US dollar was weak against the AUD.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
961 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it worth going to Kidzania? Cost of taxi to get there?

Thank you so much for that Lulu!

Can't wait to go!