We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GHD straightener

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
GHD straightener

Hi all,

I'm shopping for a GHD straightener and I was wondering if anyone has bought one and if it has been working fine and the approximate price for it. I'm stumped looking for one and I'd also like to know where I can an original one??

Thanks =)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GHD straightener

hiya vicky how u duin? im coming ti K.L on tuesday and i need to try get my daughter a set of GHD,S, i posted on here and someone said there selling them in SOGO, when are you going to try find them? if you get them before tuesday would you post on here where and how much they we,r

i wont be worth living if i dont come home with them!!!! lolx

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GHD straightener

My sister in law bought one at Sungei Wang on the 3rd floor at a hairdressing supply store which cost her approx $60 AUD.

I went with her to Jusco and saw them there and I think they were around 280myr. That was either at 1 Utama or Mid Valley Megamall.

She loves it and it can be used on either wet or dry hair.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GHD straightener

THey sell for 500RM in the UK so that is a really good price but not sure if they are real because I didn't think GHD did wet or dry I thought they only did dry, I'm on my second pair in 8 years so not bad going considering I use the every day!

Maggie enjoy your trip and enjoy the A380 it really wasn't bad, in fact it was great!

Jo

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GHD straightener

just checked the ghd website and cant find any mention of wet and dry ghd,s,

my laura has the latest pair of ghd.s and they have to be used on dry hair!!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GHD straightener

Whoops maybe it should only be used on dry hair, better tell her quickly.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GHD straightener

quick !!! dont want hr getting a curly perm with the electric shock!! x haha!

Edited: 29 January 2011, 19:17
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
584 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GHD straightener

I paid $299 for mine here in Australia... maybe I shouldve waited for my holiday!

I'd get a receipt and If your not sure if it's genuine you can put your serial number in on their website and it will tell you it's genuine or fake.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GHD straightener

hiya lulu how u duin? dod you know where in sungai wang your sister in law got the ghd,s ? id like to go to sungai as il be down that way more and want to check them out , before i buy does she know the shop name? ta x

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GHD straightener

Sorry don't know the name of the shop, but if you can find the Tobowl place (you eat on toilets kind of restaurant) on the 3rd floor it's near that.

Or if you take the lift to the 3rd floor, as soon as you walk out turn right, then you have to go through doors (about 3 metres from lift) to enter the shops on 3rd floor. Then turn left and follow all the way down until you see eatery places, then turn right and it was around there somewhere. The shops didn't have it's windows decorated with anything and you can see inside there was hairdressing supplies. Hope the shop is still there. That was back in August 2010 when we were there.

You might find Parkson at Sungei Wang might have them too, but no guarantee.

Edited: 31 January 2011, 10:56
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GHD straightener

I'm hoping to go to One Utama today and check its availability. But if I get it by Tue,I'm sure to tell you =) and vice versa? =)

And thanks for the tips guys (=