We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
238 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

I am arriving from Singapore at 10.50am and need to connect a flight with Air asia to Krabi departing at 12.05. Firstly need to know how far to travel between these 2 airports and secondly, do I have time to connect??? Please help before I finalise my flight.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

Hi -

I'd be pretty worried about that connection. I'm assuming you mean you only have one hour 15 mins.

You will need to clear immigration through KLIA - get your bags, take the bus to LCCT (I think it's around 20km's) - then re-check your bags in at LCCT.

We travelled through LCCT four times recently and found it to be extremely busy.

They also close check in sometime before the flight actually departs. Remember you'll have to clear immigration again as well. I don't think you've got a change of making it. You will most probably need to get a later flight.

Caroline.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

Hi,route distance between KLIA to LCCT is 20kms.

Based on your arrival time from Singapore and connecting flight to Krabi which departs at 1205hrs, you definitely do NOT have time to connect at all.

You need to plan again:-

Available options:-

a). Tiger Airways from Singapore to Phuket;then land transfer(takes around 2.5hrs to Krabi-beautiful scenery along the way).

b). Gold Coast to KL vide Air Asia X,then connect onto Air Asia to Krabi.Air Asia X also arrives into LCCT;provided you have at least 3hours prior to flight AK862 to KBV

c). Earlier arrival from Singapore into KL.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
34,855 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

Hi

you need to allow an hour at the minimum to land at KLIA and then travel to LCCT, plus you then will need 2 hours for check in (1hour minimum before it closes) - and that is it all goes well with no problems or delays. So your 1hr and 15 is not nearly enough,

Get an earlier flight in, or a later flight out. You need to allow at least 3 hours from the ETA at KLIA to depature time at LCCT.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
113 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

Yes, I would allow 3 hours for transfers between KLIA/LCCT or vice versa. Same airport but you have to take a looong go-around by road as the runway is in between the two terminals.

NetMaestro

5. Re: Distance from KLIA to LCCT???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 13:17