We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with itinerary planning

Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Need help with itinerary planning

Hi all,

I will in KL in two weeks and am having trouble framing the itinerary

I have 2days and wud like to visit the following places

1. Merdeka Square

2, central market

3. Petronas Towers

4. Water show at park

5. Batu Caves

6. Little India

7. Alor Street food night market

8. Petaling street

Which is near to which one and how do I cover all the places ! Thanks in advance

8 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,564 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

Little India, Merdeka Square, Central Market and Petaling Street can probably be grouped together as a single visit.

Petronas Tower, water show and Jalan Alor can be grouped into another visit.

Batu caves will take you half a day and should be covered separately. If you like a "indian" day the Batu caves can be done in the morning, then do the little india, Medeka Square...etc.

Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

Thank you so much

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,118 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

You’ll be very busy but should be able to visit all these places during your 2 day visit. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
74 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

Maic is right. Basically, all the places you mentioned are walking distance from each other except for Batu Caves. Another way to help you with the planning is using Google Map and plot down all the locations and also to check out other places within the vicinity that you can also visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a similar itinerary for the beginning of June.

We are flying in from the UK and are arriving at around 8am. (i'm guessing we will be a little tired...)

So I think for the first half of the day we will relax.

That afternoon i'm trying to decide between looking around China Town or Bukit Bintang. Which is quicker/easier to do. I want to leave the area that will take longer and has more to see for another afternoon when we have more energy!

Thanks!

The other 2 days we plan to fit in the following:

Batu Caves

KLCC Park

Petronas Towers

Shopping Centres

Helipad bar

and hopefully still have time to relax at our apartment....

any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

Edited: 18 May 2018, 05:41
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

Hi Holleeey

The last 2 times that i came into Kuala Lumpur immediately after work (very tired & abit stressed out) , i had a soothing massage & relaxed with some refreshments ..

On both occasions , i slept through the massage session but came through feeling much more revitalised..

I had a soothing massage shortly after i arrived tiredly in Bali & Phnom Penh as well...

As i often have crammed working schedules , i sometimes have a flight departure just a few hours after multi-day project... normally sleep on the flight enroute as well...

Everyone eases into their vacation plans with different methods... mine is already a habit ...

There are massage spas that cater to couples or familiies as well..

Or even a simple foot massage at the shops along Changkat Bukit Bintang may be good...

Cheers

Level Contributor
289 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

My suggestion is get to GO.KL busses. These are free and has 4 bus lines. You can check the route in their web site.You can get off from where ever you want.

Only thing is go during off peak or it gets crowded.

We went in the purole line bus , the whole round took about 30 minutes.

Batu caves not sure

8. Re: Need help with itinerary planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2018, 08:05

Reply to: Need help with itinerary planning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted