We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Check in Hotels

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Early Check in Hotels

Hi, I am planning to travel to Kuala Lumpur in July and my flight arrives at 7 am in morning. Could anyone suggest few 4 or 5 star hotels that allow check in at 10 am. Also are there any apps that I can use to filter hotels based on check in times? Please suggest

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Check in Hotels

Not a lot of the five or four star hotels will allow early check in. Your options may be to book the hotel for the night before , so you just walk in and have a room straight away. Also some hotels will be happy to store your bags whilst you explore and some will be happy for you to use their pool.

Cheers

Sean

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,743 posts
2,224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Check in Hotels

None can guarantee an early check in as it is always "subject to availability".

Sean's suggestion is a good one or enquire as to the cost of an early check in. I have done this on occasions and been charged a half day rate or less.

Otherwise take your chances if guests leave early or that they dont have full occupancy.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Check in Hotels

Some 4 and 5 star hotels will allow early check, but you will probably be asked to pay extra. Beyond that, it really depends on the front desk manager and whether they have rooms already cleaned and ready to accept new guests or not.

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Check in Hotels

Early check in normally upon room availabity..but 10am is too early..choose a hotel then make a confirmation..or else just request to leave your bag at the hotel and round the nearby shop or whatever activities.

https:/…kuala-lumpur

Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Check in Hotels

With checkout at 12noon (some could be earlier), Housekeeping start cleaning rooms around 9.30-4pm.

Even repeat guests with membership status(eg Hilton Diamond) does not automatically get early check in.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
429 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Check in Hotels

Book the room for the night before and email the hotel advising that you will arrive the next morning.

Reply to: Early Check in Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted