We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

6 posts
Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

Hello,

I'm visiting KL for a week and would like to have a calling plan and data while there. Are there any recommendations about which carrier offers the best options for that? Ideally I'd like at least 1.5 GB of data, more is obviously ideal. I will be traveling solo therefore I'd like to have a nice amount so that I can use it for navigation and what not while I am there. Would I be able to buy one at the airport? I'm flying into KLIA2.

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 11 May 2018, 19:02
4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

Yes you can buy at the airport. Just hand over your passport for ID purposes and the cash and they will insert the sim and activate it as well. All very easy. We used Maxis and it worked well. There are all different plans of data and duration.

Cheers

Sean

4 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

I Found Hotlink cheap and reliable

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

Maxis worked awesome for us for a 2 weeks stay and I believe 6GB for 45 ringgit. But there are other plans as well... Very convenient, they pop in the sim card for you and have you going within a minute.....

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
867 reviews
4. Re: Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?

i would say Maxis because I used Maxis for many years when living in KL. They were by far the best.

Reply to: Best prepaid SIM plan for short stay in KL?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted