We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding airport facility

Save Topic
Regarding airport facility

Hey i am travelling from new delhi to singapore via Kuala Lumpur malayasia through economy class and i have to wait for 8 hours for connected flight to singapore so than can i get free food at the airport premises and any of other free facility

15 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding airport facility

That's up to your airine's policy so ask them.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding airport facility

Not sure which airlines you are flying with, but in general don't expect freebies especially when flying economy.

Why do you have such a long layover? There are frequent flights between KL and Singapore leaving every hour or so. The airline is not obliged to give you free stuffs if you choose a long layover on purpose.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding airport facility

You dont get free food for layover for economy ticket. Just budget RM20 and eat at the foodcourt.

If you bring along an empty drinking bottle, then fill up at the water fountain which is usually at the entrance of the toilet.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding airport facility

No freebies from the airline I am afraid. Water from the tap is free, that is about it.

Cheers

Sean

Save Reply
5. Re: Regarding airport facility

So you drink water from that hahaha...ohhh yakkkk...

Save Reply
6. Re: Regarding airport facility

I have layover of 7 hour bcoz i have booked flight air asia from new delhi to singapore and suggest me duty free restaurants and shops

Level Contributor
4,420 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regarding airport facility

Have you even bothered to try googling the Airports webpage? All the information you need is there.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regarding airport facility

Anas23mohammad

" So you drink water from that hahaha...ohhh yakkkk..."

This is Malaysia, not Pakistan or India where water is questionable.

As I mentioned in previous post, you can take a drink from the drinking fountain near the entrance of toilet.

There is no dutyfree restaurants in the airport. Food in the airport is more expensive than in the city, so you may want to consider packing some food from your country. Follow guidelines on what is prohibited

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regarding airport facility

AirAsia is a low-cost airline, its base fare covers only a seat on their plane(s) from your origin to your destination. You have to pay extra for just about anything else (including checked baggage allowance and onboard food and drinks), so no freebies at the airport.

If you don't feel comfortable using the drinking fountain (personally I don't like to use them either), bottled water and other beverages are available at shops and restaurants. While food and drink prices at the airport are generally higher than in the city, as it is common worldwide, they are not prohibitively expensive.

Here's a website with the layout plan of the KLIA2 Satellite Building (international airside transit area):

klia2.info/about-klia2/…klia2-satellite

10. Re: Regarding airport facility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2017, 07:05

Reply to: Regarding airport facility
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted