We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage locker at Osaka Station

limai
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage locker at Osaka Station

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if there is any luggage locker service at Osaka Station. Upon arrival at Kansai airport, thinking of making a half day city tour in Osaka before proceeding to Kyoto with JR train.

Thank you for your attention.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,327 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

www.jr-odekake.net/eki/premises.php…

The icon with the suitcase (2nd row last column) is for luggage storage. Actual location is at bottom left of the map. It is outside of the gate in the "Travel Court" on the 2nd floor. No access betwee 8pm-8am.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

If you get out Central Exit, make a right and walk toward Granvia Hotel(there's a signpost over your head). Then take a right here also and head along on the corridor 80meters or so. You'll find a 2storied grayish ferroconcrete buiding across from the driveway on your left. Take the escalator to the second floor; the checkroom is located just around the corner on the right-hand side. Male uniformed staff will take care of you. I may possibly be wrong, but as I recollect, they charge you 400 or 500yens per suitcase per day.

limai
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

Thank you for your information. I truly appreciate it.

Regards.

limai
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

Hi Bibimbob,

I have checked the website and it's pretty much very small to locate the 'suitcase icon'. Which 2nd row do you mean, left or right? Is there an English version. Do you know how big is the locker?

Hi Shot,

The location, you mentioned is in Osaka Station or outside.

Where can I find a good map (English) of Osaka Station.

Thanks.

limai
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

Hi Bimbimbob,

I have found the 'suitcase icon' after zooming in.

Thanks.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,382 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

The checkroom is right outside the compounds of JR Osaka. If you walk through the outside corridor toward Central Post Office, you can soon locate it on your left-hand side. No worries.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Himeji, Kobe, Osaka
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

Probably the easiest thing to do is have a luggage forwarding service send your bags to your hotel. I don't know if they'll be there same day; you should check and maybe carry a night's worth of stuff in a backpack, just in case. But it's relatively cheap and is much easier than trying to find a locker.

John W.

8. Re: Luggage locker at Osaka Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 08:23