We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

Hi,

I understand there are more domestic flights in Haneda Airport than Narita Airport.

However, we will be arriving at Narita Airport at 11AM on 19th April and do not wish to waste time travelling to Haneda Airport for domestic flight.

May i know what is the earliest domestic flight time i can book? lets not wonder if theres this flight timing first, i just need to gauge how much time to set aside for transit.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

AirAsia, Skymark and jetster depart at around noon www.narita-airport.jp/en/flight/today.html

Edited: 26 December 2012, 17:44
Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

Hi,

Nao H thanks for your reply.

But actually my question is, how many hours should i set aside to make sure i can transit to the domestic flight.

E.g i m touching down at Narita at 11AM, can i book a 2PM domestic flight, setting aside 3 hours? (earlier or later) will there be enough time for me to transit?

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

The Jetstar schedule is only to 30 March and shows flights at 12:30 and 3:25pm. The fare is from 4500 yen. You can pay additional for extra baggage allowance and forward or exit row seating. You would need to be aware of when checkin time closes as it's a low cost carrier.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 17:56
Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

As the flights are not on the same PNR (ticket) you carry the risk for any delay on the first sector. Jetstar domestic checkin closes 30 minutes before departure. You will need to collect your bags and take to domestic. Three hours would probably be adequate.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 18:12
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,700 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

>> May i know what is the earliest domestic flight time i can book?

Depends on which airline you are connecting to domestically. If it's the same airline/alliance as your international flight, you can link the PNRs or through-check(even if separate tickets) and no need to switch terminal at NRT. In this case, the minimum connecting time is ~90 minutes. If you have to switch terminal, I would allow minimum 120 minutes.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,462 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

Allowing 3 hours should work theoretically. However, if you are flying two separate airlines on two separate tickets, you might be left with no recourse should your incoming flight be delayed.

Airlines don't always allow linking of PNR. You need to call the airlines to check.

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

thanks for all the replies!

i m taking budget airline, so not sure if they are under alliance.

But i guess not. Need to work things out.

thanks anyway!

8. Re: Tokyo (Narita) to Sapporo by Domestic Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 21:16