We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Hi Tripadvisors,

We'll be travelling through Guangzhou arriving late Sunday night at the airport and leaving first thing Monday morning (8am) from Guangzhou South. I've researched hotels close to Guangzhou South to make life easier but there are so few options and none of them look great.

However, i'm thinking we are best staying close to the train station any recommendations on half decent places to stay. Criteria is relatively easy to find, close to the Guangzhou South station and clean.

Thank you very much

Julieanne

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
8 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,717 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Guangzhou South station is very far away from the city, you best bet is to stay in a hotel closest to the station, regardless. Main station is very far away, may take you 1 hour to get to South station, main station area is not a good area, like most main stations, all cheap hotels.

You'll arrive late and leave very early, airport at far far northern end, South station is at far far southern tip, map distance is far greater than you imagined, it is a huge city. Subway stops running at 11PM, that option is not available. Fault lies with your air and train travel plan, you just have to tough it out.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Thank you so much, really appreciate the advice! We’ll book something close to the station.

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Dont really need to book a hotel close to the South Railway Station.

Find a hotel on metro line 2, like Haizhu Square. Take the earliest metro and it arrives at South Railway Station 6:30 am. A later metro will also work.

This is what I do when I have early train in South Station.

Mentioned in this post
Haizhu Square
Haizhu Square
37 Reviews
Guangzhou, China
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Modoki's advice is reasonable. Im not sure if you'll arrive at Guangzhou Airport early enough to catch the latest subway (Did you specify your ETA Guangzhou Airport?), but surely you can catch a taxi to send you to any hotel close to Subway Line 2, which will, in the early morning, bring you to Guangzhou South Railway Station on time to catch your train.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the advice. We decided to book a place close to the south station I’m not a morning person so decided it was the best option!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,717 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

If you arrive before 10PM, take subway. Takes one hour from airport to south station. Last train 1115PM.

Read this topic: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29855…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

Thanks for the advice! Not long to go now we’re super excited :)

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
141 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guangzhou South Hotel advice

i recommend you stay in LAVANDEHOTELS LUOXI 麓枫酒店(广州南站洛溪地铁站店)

it is near the Luo xi Subway A exit 近2号线洛溪站A口.

It takes about 10 mins to Guangzhou south train station,

Just Four stops far from it .

Reply to: Guangzhou South Hotel advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted