We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
1,167 reviews
Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

My wife and I plan to travel from Moscow to St Petersburg by train in Sept. Is it possible to stop over for a night or 2 in Veliky Novogorod? What about a night train from Moscow, storing our bags at the Veliky Novogorod station for the day and taking an evening train to St Petersburg?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
739 posts
4,984 reviews
1. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Yes it's easy to do. There is a storing room at Novgorod train station.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Easily possible. Train timetables and tickets at ww.rzd.ru, book 60 days in advance to get best price.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
1,167 reviews
3. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Thanks

Cotabato City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
141 reviews
4. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Im trying to (pratice) book a ticket at https://pass.rzd.ru from 20 days to 60 days just to know how to go through later but it always comes with error. Im trying to book Moscow- Veliky (novgorod)...

the error :

НЕ УДАЛОСЬ ВЫПОЛНИТЬ ЗАПРОС

НЕВЕРНЫЕ ПАРАМЕТРЫ ЗАПРОСА. ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, ИЗМЕНИТЕ ТРЕБОВАНИЯ.

2040 (HEBEPHO УKAЗAHA CTPAHA BЫДAЧИ ДOK-TA, УДOCTOBEPЯЮЩEГO ЛИЧHOCTЬ)

ВРЕМЯ ВОЗНИКНОВЕНИЯ ОШИБКИ: 22.04.2017 11:09:41.013

have you tried to make a trial booking? have you faced same prob?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
5. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

The fastest option to get to Novgorod from Moscow is to take Sapsan (Moscow - St Pete) and get off Chodovo station. It will take about 30 minutes by a cab to get to Novgorod from Chudovo.

Cotabato City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

is it not NOVGOROD-NA-VOLHOVE the station to pick from Moscow? i prefer to leave Mosow at night and arrive in NOV in the morning...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
7. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

Yes, Novgorod-na-Volhove. The Novgorod-na-Volhove train station is located 1.5km west of the city center.

Edited: 22 April 2017, 19:28
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

One of the things in Russian says you incorrectly indicated the country of issuance of your (ID) documents. As I recall, the wording sometimes tends to have someone from outside Russia choose the wrong drop down option as the point of view is that of a RUSSIAN booking tickets, so if it says "international passport", as I recall it means a Russian's one. I have to check some other things, but perhaps someone could chime in here as to which option to choose...I think it may be "foreign document", which then allows for rather free-form entry of whatever the number of,your passport is.

Cotabato City...
Level Contributor
97 posts
141 reviews
9. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

i chose "foreign document".. still i got error. I picked international passport, the same error..I have read in many guides to pick foreign document.

Edited: 22 April 2017, 22:20
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Train from Moscow to Veliky Novogorod

I did check, and it is Foreign Document...not sure why in the next box it does not let you enter whatever you want or need for the # of the doc...for sure it is not International Passport...

But, have not done this in a while...the key here might be the point that the "country of issuance" was not done correctly...but again, have not done this recently...

Edited: 22 April 2017, 22:31