We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

NYC
Level Contributor
173 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

I came across Alouatta Lodge online, but they have no online presence since February of this year. Does anyone know if they are they open?

If not, does anyone know where is the BEST place in Panama for seeing/spotting/hearing Howler Monkeys?

THANK YOU.

Boquete, Panama
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

If you are in Boquete - Panama I recommend you to contact Beyond Adventure Tours, they will take you to a place with a lot of monkeys and you may see birds and some slots. Alouatta Lodge is close.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

The wildlife sanctuary itself is not closed, but they moved to a new, more beautiful location on the Batipa Peninsula. The lodge is still closed (but the lodge owners might rebuild it). They welcome day visitors (but only with notice and I think only on Fridays, but you might want to check that) and volunteers.

Bochum, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

LaLaLola is right.

Day visits are possible only on Fridays and without prior reservation.

4. Re: Alouatta Lodge/Sanctuary - open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2016, 16:15