We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu room types

Which Lhaviyani Atoll hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu room types

Hi

Could anyone give me any advice on what type of room to book on Kuredu, I am on a fairly tight budget and have stayed in the standard rooms at Reethi before and been perfectly happy with them, its just that the basic rooms at Kuredu look a bit hut like - are they ok inside? and from what I have read it seems like you are segregated for dinner and was a bit worried you might be treated differently. I am quite happy with basic as spend most of the time outside but just would like feedback from anyone whos been. Many thanks for your time.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu room types

I have booked for Kuredu in a beach bungalow and i am in the same position. I feel that paying £4k for two people is a lot of money to be treat like low class. We too spend all of our time outside, we have been married for 34 years, so the basic room is not a problem it is being treat as if we are paupers that will upset us and not being able to have a drink whatever bar we are in. Not to mention the rats, mozzies i am thinking of cancelling and am bitterly disappointed.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu room types

Hi there,

As a family of 5 the only way we could afford the holiday was in a Beach Bungalow ! We returned yesterday having had 14 nights in Kuredu in two Beach Bungalows and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

No-one treats you any differently. There are two bars you can't drink in unless you want to pay - the Sangu and O Resort but to be honest they are at either end of the island anyway - all of the bars in the central island area are included. We met a couple who were clebrating their 35th wedding anniversary who were in a Beach Bungalow just down the beach from us who had upgraded to the All Inclusive Gold that allowed them in any of the bars, cocktails and minibar re-fills each day - we still tended to meet up with them each night in the Akiri Bar drinking G&T, Beers, Wines etc - they were treated no differently to us at any time by any of the staff.

I'd recommend the Beach Bungalows - they are a little tired but are being upgraded - I think they were on the early 400's whilst we were there - you may be able to find out from the resort or the tour operator what the plan is for the refurbishment. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and there was nothing that would put me off recommending them. I'd save the money and spend it on Snorkelling trips, Spa treatments and diving !

Hope this helps

Neil and Joanna

london england
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu room types

Hi Neil and Joanna,

We are thinking of going next year, we also are a family of five, how old were your children when you were there?

Shirley

South Australia
Level Contributor
725 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu room types

Have you people checked out the forum that is on the Hotel's website? There are many pictures of the beach bungalows there, and while I was a little worried at first, I am very reassured now. We have booked a beach bungalow for January 2009; in all inclusive package. For nine nights it was $3000 Australian dollars, but does not include flights from Australia. Also, check out Youtube - Kuredi Beach bungalows - there are many travellers videos on there, many showing the BB's. I suspect the locals are more than polite enough to take care of us properly - I am sure their criteria for good service is 'nice people' and not just 'rich ones'.

South Australia
Level Contributor
725 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu room types

Just to add, the pictures are from travellers, and not the hotel's promo ones!

6. Re: Kuredu room types

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Lhaviyani Atoll
Recent Conversations