We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping

Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Island hopping

Does anyone know if I can visit Rangali Island whilst on honeymoon on Kuredu Island?? We would really like to visit the underwater restaurent.

Mentioned in this post
Rangali Island
Rangali Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island hopping

This may be possible with unlimited funds but in reality these two islands are in different atolls. I have looked into this before as I think you could do trips from Angaga for lunch. Kuredu to Rangali would be around 25 min on a sea plane at least? or a couple of hours on a boat, probably more.

Why not do a picnic lunch on a sandbank or a deserted island as a compromise.

T23

Mentioned in this post
Rangali Island
Rangali Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island hopping

T23

Angaga do indeed offer a morning visit to the Conrad restaurant before it opens for service.. Cost from Angaga was $20 and then there was the entry fee of $55 charged by the Conrad. However, you did get a cocktail and a canape. We decided not to bother!

As you say, trying to do the same from Kuredu would be very expensive.

OD

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island hopping

OD

I think I read somewhere that a meal with a bottle of wine was around $900, so the Angaga offer sounds a bargain!

T23

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island hopping

Lunch in Ithaa is US$195 per person, then you need to add on whatever wine you want to drink with it.

Yes, it's possible to visit Conrad Maldives but I'm not sure how easy it is to get to the resort from Kuredu. I think you'd have to go back to Male, then take a seaplane flight down. I'm not sure you could do this in a day!

Note: I work for this resort.

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,444 Reviews
Kuredu
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Island hopping

Thanks everyone, maybe not then lol it's just somewhere we saw and though we both might really like to go but if it's too expencive we'll probably be forgetting that one then lol

6. Re: Island hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 15:36
;