We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Berkshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
50 reviews
At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Just a quick teaser for my trip report that will follow after 10th May. We're at the Conrad right now and the weather is hot, hot, hot! It's been sunny since we arrived on Saturday and forecast to be so for the rest of our stay (another 6 days). A few white fluffy (small) clouds and a great breeze if you're on the sunset side island.

As close to perfect as you could want.

For those that are interested the BA direct flight on Friday 29th Apr was 65% full in economy, 75% in WTP and 8 free seats in Club.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Thanks for the weather update, we are heading off next week to the south ari so hope it stays pretty much the same!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Glad you're enjoying it pinkbootpootle!

DCG
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
163 reviews
3. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Thanks for this pinkbootpootle. We arrive on Monday morning for 10 nights. Fiona and I have been checking the weather forecast on our iPhone weather app and were totally depressed when it showed thunderstorm symbols for every single day we are there! We have been looking forward to this trip for ages - ever since we got cancelled last year due to the volcanic ash! The prospect of sitting on the beach in the rain when the forecast for home is scorching sunny weather for a whole month was really depressing.

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

currently at CPBH in north male atoll, rained yesterday afternoon but nice today a bit overcast and breezy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

At the Conrad we had heavy rain showers early yesterday morning (5am) and again in the afternoon. Today is looking sunny.

DCG
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
163 reviews
6. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Hi Kanthony,

Fiona and I have so enjoyed reading all of your words of wisdom on the subject of Conrad Rangali Island. Thanks for that. We are beside ourselves with excitement as we leave tomorrow for a 10 night stay. This holiday means so much to us as we tried to come last year but fell victims to the volcanic ash cloud and our trip was cancelled. Fiona was more upset than I have ever seen her before so I am most anxious that this trip turns into the dream which she deserves.

So here is my question. When we check the weather forecast for our stay - all we see on every single date from our arrival until our departure is thunderstorm symbols! Every single day!

Is there a possibility that, for a 10 day stay arriving on the morning of Monday 9th May, we will have nothing but continuous rain and thunder storms and then return to Scotland never having seen a blue sky or any sunshine or beautiful calm turquoise waters? Fiona would be devastated and I don't want her to be disappointed in any way.

With your incredible knowledge and experience of the resort and the island, can you put this horrendous weather forecast into context for me and give me some idea of what we can expect? I would be very grateful for a realistic overview of how the weather might generally be over a 10 day period.

Thanking you in advance for your invaluable assistance.

Doug x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Hi DCG

Based on the past few days, I'd say it'll be mostly sunny with rain showers but I'm really sorry, I don't have a crystal ball and can't give you a breakdown of what the weather is going to be like every day for the next 10 days!

The weather forecast comes from Male which is 100km away and often not relevant to our resort so I really wouldn't pay much attention to it.

I understand you want everything to be perfect for your stay - so do we! - but realistically speaking, even if it did rain all day every day, what exactly can anyone do about it?

Dallas
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

What is "hot" mean exactly? We're from Dallas and 90 degrees is standard, over 100 is hot for me. I can't wait to read your trip report. I hope your having a FAB time! We are getting so excited for our trip in June!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Hi Everyone

I was just logging in to ask about the weather right now and found this very helpful post!

We arrive on 21st May - not long now - for 10 nights. Weather sounds good - but we don't care it's the most relaxing place in the world with or without the Sun!

Looking forward to seeing our favourite island again soon....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: At the Conrad right now - weather perfect!

Soonerdiva - the temperature in the Maldives is fairly consistent year round, averaging between 24 and 32 degrees, which I think is 80s and 90s in farenheit.