We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

Hey all...we are SO excited now...We leave May 4th to Dubai, then to the Maldives on the 8th!! I cannot wait! We are staying at one of the Superior Water Villas...and if anyone can suggest which one would be the 'best' to request, please let me know!

Also, I have a question about the diving. I have never been diving and have always wanted to learn. Would this be possible at the Conrad, as It says it has a dive center. I would love to do my first dive in the Maldives!!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

Dear Pegasus Star

We're looking forward to welcoming you to our island soon.

Yes, you can learn to dive here. You can begin with an introductory lesson where you get acquainted with the equipment and get a feel for it to see if you like diving. Then you can do the whole dive course which is about four and half days and includes theoretical course work as well as the diving.

Because I work for the resort I don't get involved in "best" discussions (I'm sure someone else will have an opinion) but I would like to point out that while we'll do our best to give you a specific room that's been requested, we can't promise you'll get the one you wanted.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

Thank you Kanthony...Cant wait to get there! 4 days sounds like a lot of time, how many hours/day? Will it help if I take an intro course prior to arrival, ie the bookwork? I notice that I can do some of the work online.

Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

If you have time before you travel then it's well worth doing the paperwork side of the course in the UK. You need to do it with a PADI centre.

You can also do an open water course that qualifies you to dive to 12m only and that takes two days.

4. Re: Conrad in 3 Weeks!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:18