We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

Berkshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

Hi everyone

Now that Christmas is out of the way and while I wait for New Year, I'm starting to plan the finer details of our booked trip to the Conrad late April. One of the questions I had was about the excursions and can anyone recommend which are the better ones. We're fairly flexible and like boats, snorkelling etc and our budget is not limited but we don't like deep sea fishing. There appear to be many variations of the same trip so if anyone can recommend which is the best snorkelling trip, the best cruise etc that would be appreciated.

Also - do we need to book the wine cellar restaurant in advance of arrival?

Also - do I need to book spa treatments in advance of arrival and which spa do people prefer?

Anything else I should book in advance too?

Diving:

DH is CMAS certified so will probably dive and I'd like to join him but am not certified. Can I dive with an instructor like I did in Bora Bora or do I need to be PADI or CMAS certified to be able to go out?

Thanks in advance

Emma

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

i can answer the diving question... you will need to be certified

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

Hi Emma,

I would like to let you know that in Conrad they have lots of choices of excursions:

Snorkeling Hopping, Snorkeling Safari and Sunrise Snorkeling/Hopping, also Discover Snorkeling:

If you are professional swimmer I would recommend you to book the Snorkeling Hopping, (any trip) this trip will be by speedboat and they will take you three different spots and it will be open reefs in the middle of Ocean. Some times it can be very strong current and you will have to keep swimming, if not swimming you will be drifted by the current. (The Excursion guide will be on the trip and will explain to every on the trip)

Also there are many other excursion trips and like Dream Island, Island Hopping and Luxury Sunset Cruise, Luxury Lucky Dolphin.

It is recommend to book all your activities prior to your arrival to the resort so your holiday can be hassle free, you don’t have to worry about any booking, (but can be change if you like after your arrival with in the time frame)

Specially the Wine Cellar is limited seats (only 14 guests) so if you and your partner is wine lover better to book in advance, The resort will take bookings for Spa, Dinners, Excursions 14 days prior to your arrival.

The resort has two different spas as well, one spa with Glass floor and one with normal wooden floor. My personal favorite spa is the Over Water Spa, (Glass Floor)

But you can send your request even now so that they keep on file, and will get back to you closer to your arrival. (Email: islandhost.maldives@conradhotels.com)

With Regards to Diving you will have to be PADI or CMAS certified to join your partner, you can do the open water course with in 4 days. You can send email to rangali@subaqua-divecenter.com and they will provide you the information with more details.

I hope that the above information will be helpful for you to plane your dream holiday.

Thanks and have a great time out there

Mentioned in this post
Rangali Island
Rangali Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Zürich
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

with the spas:

the Over The Water Spa (glass floor) is only for couple treadments. the Spa retreat is open for Single Treadments.

I definitly recommend a couple massage in the Over The Water Spa. Especially at Sunset you can see a lot of fish there.

if you want a private dinner at the beach only the two of you and a waiter + chef, you definitly have to book in advance. as it is possible to rain in the evenings, book it at one of the first evenings to be able to postpone it.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

Hi pinkbootpootle

It's advisable to book special dinners (eg: WIne Cellar, Koko Grill, beach BBQs and Ithaa undersea restaurant) as well as spa treatments in advance. We'll take reservations two weeks before you arrive, just drop us an email: maldives@conradhotels.com

As Spammie says, you'll need a dive certificate in order to dive.

Note: I work for this resort

Edited: 19 February 2011, 01:54
Mentioned in this post
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
478 Reviews
Rangali Island
Berkshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

thanks for the advice all

6. Re: Which excursions to book at the Conrad? plus other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:16