We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions Decisions

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Decisions Decisions

Hi guys

Can anyone help!

We have been to the maldives and its the best place in the world!

We stayed at the Conrad both times and its amazing but now thinking of trying somewhere else. We have been looking at Huvafin Fushi.

Has anyone been to both that can give us any advice?

Many Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
856 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Decisions Decisions

Huvafen Fushi is lovely! Perfect for couples, small, modern, quite hip and trendy. Lovely spacious modern rooms, lovely beach and plenty of water sports as well as the stunning spa. Conrad is one of my all time favorites but I really love Huvafen Fushi as well. If you want to completely just chill out it is perfect. The concept is a little more laid back than Conrad I would say. There is no proper reception area, you just call your villa host when you want something. The pool looks stunning at night and it's lovely just to sit on the decking near the bar. They had a fabulous 5 piece band on when I went, that just played chill out music and it was great!

Mirihi is another favorite of mine as well. Although not quite as luxurious as Conrad and Huvafenfushi, non the less a superb resort for chilling out and doing some great snorkelling.

Surrey
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Decisions Decisions

Hi

I stayed at HF in March of this year and it was truly beautiful. The snorkelling was very good and the accommodation was just lovely (deluxe beach villa). The staff, food and overall ambiance of the island was spot on, and not pretentious at all.

Expensive, yes, but if you value your vacation and satisfaction then, in my opinion, it was worth every penny.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Decisions Decisions

You'll love Huvafen, it is great...

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
4. Re: Decisions Decisions

Thanks very much everyone.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Decisions Decisions

I have been to Huvafenfushi and I love the resort....

Very small andrelaxing island....

You will love the place...

Princeton, New...
2 posts
6. Re: Decisions Decisions

jrrose- can you please help me with the logistics part?

Which hotel did you book on Rangali Islands? I am looking forward to have my honeymoon at this place. Which water villa place would you suggest? I will be flying from India to Maldives to the U.S. I have heard on this forum a lot of praises about Rangali Islands.

I am also looking for other activities besides water sports and snorkeling.

Would you recommend AI or half board or Full board? We're vegetarian, so also want to know whether food options wise, would you know whether there are food options or should we bring our own food?

Any sort of pointers to make this trip memorable will indeed help!

Thank you!

kanha828

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,471 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Decisions Decisions

kanha - the conrad rangali is just one hotel . it is laid out over the two islands which are connected by a long jetty. AI is not a bookable option but you will not have to worry about finding plenty of vegetarian food options.

Kanthony is probably your best resource as she works at rangali.

jrrose - in direct comparison, i would prefer the conrad over huvafen anytime. but i probably have strange priorities .. like that i hate being stuck behind windows that don't open (ocean villa) .. the decor is also not my taste . too dark and depressingly modern. but thats all subjective niggles.

8. Re: Decisions Decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 14:15