We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo or back to Kuramathi ??

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
54 reviews
Filitheyo or back to Kuramathi ??

having just returned from Kuramathi I'mnow totally hooked on the Maldives and am trying to plan for next year. i have in mind to go to Filitheyo having done some reseach it seems more Maldavian than Kuramathi however hubby thinks Kuramathi is fine and why try something different. advice would be much appreciated.

helen

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Filitheyo or back to Kuramathi ??

I have been to both.

Filitheyo not entirely different to Kuramathi but on a smaller scale. I have been to Kuramathi twice 03 and 05 and Fili in 2007.

The food at Filitheyo was excellent even though it is a buffet and not the choice of restaurants you have at Kuramathi. Filitheyo had a vast choice of international dishes ie: laksa soup, beef wellington, sushi, dolmades,shawarmer, all sorts of curries, naans, pickles. You name it we probably had it. There were many live cooking stations so a lot was cooked from scratch.

The pool and beach areas were nice not too many children I can't remember any. You will need a room number below 115 to get any beach.

The georgraphy of the island did mean that we found the beaches slightly busier and you can not walk around the island perimeter due to staff quarters.

There were a lack of jetty's to watch the fish from and not as many reef sharks.

Snorkeling was great, rooms nice and good service.

The things I did not like is when we were there they played heavy metal music in the bar?? Also the restaurant does not have a sea view and nor the main bar. Also there was a strange atmosphere I can not put my finger on it. Some of this may have to do with my expectations rather than actual problems. Saying this I would not hesitate to go back.

Seeing as you've been to Kuramathi I'd say try Filitheyo.

Regards T23

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Filitheyo or back to Kuramathi ??

Hi Helen,

If you have been to both resort, I would recommend to try a different island for your next vacation.

I have been to many different resorts in Maldives and my favorite Island is Conrad Rangali. The best part of Conrad is the rarity of dining option and the concept of Island. it is very big and the Island is in three different parts.

The Water Villa Island is a different Island connected with a 500m bridge (no children) The Main Island with beach villas and Deluxe Beach Villas is for all type of guest, eg: families and elderly and honeymooners and so on..

then the Spa water villa, is the best, (no children)

This resort is with 9 different out lets for dinning, and one underground wine cellar as well as wine bar with cheese and wine, I love the wine bar

The staffs are very friendly and genuine.

Hope this is helpful to you to make up your mind of next vacation.

3. Re: Filitheyo or back to Kuramathi ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 16:16