We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

i just found out that there is no reef or corals near the SWV area which I've booked. I am a bit concern now as my departure date is end of this month.

Can anyone advise me should I be upgrading to the spa water villa??

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
29 helpful votes
11. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

re my removed post,

Someone didnt like the truth. lol

R

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
15 helpful votes
12. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

I would say you can keep your booking as you booked and see your self the SWV, very true... there will not be a house reef around the SWV, but still you can do snorkel and enjoy with colorful fishes...

There is a very big House reef on the East side of the Main Island and it's just a 4 to 5 meeter away from the beach.

and if your looking in to a quite and romantice location for your villa I would recommend you to stay in SWV....

Hope that you will have good time in Conrad Maldives.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
520 posts
19 reviews
25 helpful votes
13. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

We stayed in SWV 335 and, like Craven, MUCH preferred the smaller island - we were extremely happy with the SWV and the peace and quiet where we were, and had no desire to stay over in the Spa Villas, they didn't appeal to us at all.

There were lots of small patches of coral near the steps of our SWV, with heaps of tropical fish darting in and out, or swimming by. There was a lot more coral a little way out from the SWVs,stretching right out to the edge of the lagoon and we saw several people snorkelling at different times.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
14. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

Thanks Juranh and Craven;

I've put in request for the room no 331 and 335. hopefully we can get those rooms :)

can't wait to my trip... 17 days to go now ......

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
74 reviews
67 helpful votes
15. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

Hi, I just read your posting on the Forum and notice you have been to Conrad Rangali, Huvafenfushi and Soneva Gili.

We have been to Conrad 3 times and love it.

We went to Nakatchafushi 4 times (before it became Huvafenfushi) and have also wanted to try Soneva Gili (which was being built last time we passed it in a dhoni!).

We are so tempted to go back to the Conrad, having loved it so much but having strayed to Filitheyo once and constantly comparing it to the Conrad, we are afraid of making a mistake.

Can you tell me how the Conrad compares with Huvafenfushi/Soneva Gili? It would be nice to have the opinon of someone who can appreciate the comparison between the 3 islands. Many thanks.

16. Re: OMG, There is no reef near SWV in Conrad?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 18:16