We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which DBV at Conrad please?

Sunninghill, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
51 reviews
57 helpful votes
Which DBV at Conrad please?

Hi

I've just booked a Deluxe Beach Villa at the Conrad for a trip in April 2011. I'm sure they are all lovely but I prefer a sunset to a sunrise so would like to put a request on our booking for that side of the island - can anyone recommend which villa room numbers for the DBVs are the best to request?

Thank you

Emma

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1. Re: Which DBV at Conrad please?

Hi Emma,

Here is a link to a map of the resort: www.clubairtravel.co.uk/maldives/conrad/

Obviously all of the DBVs are exactly the same, but those on the 100 side of the island - i.e. rooms 124-140 as the west facing rooms. Rooms 124 to about 128 and rooms 136-140 (approximately) have an ever so slightly restricted view due to the location of Rangali Island and the Spa Retreat - you can see that on the map.

If you want a villa slightly set back then i would ask for any between 131-40.

For the best views I would go for 129, 130, 135 or 136 as these are slightly closer to the beach so give a better view.

You may also want to consider whether you want a long pool or a round pool (if you will even you it) - you can sort of see which do and which don't on the map (the round dark brown dots in the front gardens are the round pools and the long yellow rectangles in the front are the long pools).

Good luck on deciding!

L x

Sunninghill, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
51 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Which DBV at Conrad please?

Thanks very much for the excellent info. I've sent an email to the resort with our request so fingers crossed. I'm very excited!!

Thanks again

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Which DBV at Conrad please?

We are just wrapping up our stay on Conrad Rangali, staying in DBV #127. We loved out stay here, the villa was great, good beach space, far enough from the center of the island to be nice and quiet but not too long a walk. We had the long pool which we used a little bit, sometimes it's nice to have some alone time. I agree with the recommendation above, the villas in the upper 130's are closer to the spa villas so may limit your view a little. The DBV's in the 127 to 130/131 range have good beach space right outside the villas and your get a good view of the island across and ocean.

Sunninghill, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
51 reviews
57 helpful votes
4. Re: Which DBV at Conrad please?

Thank you for the update - its great to have it straight from the horses mouth i.e. someone who has just come from the island.

We've put our request into the hotel for the rooms you suggest and as usual get the standard response back along the lines of, 'your request has been noted but we are unable to guarantee a specific room' etc etc so fingers crossed we get lucky.

I'm not overly bothered as I believe all the DBV's are pretty spectacular - I'll just be happy to be on the island!

Thanks again

5. Re: Which DBV at Conrad please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 16:16