We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Mid Valley by public bus

Selangor
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
To Mid Valley by public bus

I had just started working in Mid Valley. Due to the traffic, I decided to take public bus from one of the Federal Highway bus stop where Puspakom/JPJ Padang Jawa/ UiTM located.

I wonder is there any direct bus or alternative option to travel to Mid Valley to work.

Wish me luck ;p

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,301 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Hi

The numerous bus from Klang to KL will pass by mid Valley on the way to KL.

They will stop at "Mid Valley bus stop"

Walk up the staircase,Mid Valley is above there

Take any of them.

Cheers

2. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2009, 02:03
Selangor
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Thank you for your reply.

Noted all Klang bus to KL will pass by Mid Valley. My problem here is my walking duration from where I park my car till the Federal Highway bus stop.

From where I parked my car, I need to cross the busy road first before I reach to the staircase to walk up to the bus stop.

I wonder any of the Klang bus pass by Sek 7 or UiTM before they head to KL.

4. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

5. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

as an alternative, if you don't mind a transit stop, maybe you could consider taking the KTM Komuter train from either the Padang Jawa or Shah Alam station and head to KL Sentral. At KL Sentral,hop off and take the komuter train heading to seremban, get off at the first stop, which is Mid-Valley.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

From Rapid website, there's rail & bus integrated transport maps. You can call their helpline during office hrs.

Tel: 03-7625 6999

rapidkl.com.my/images/…a_05_eng_ani.gif

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Ohh, my malay posts all got deleted huh!!

Jazz, I hope you got my earlier posts about KTMB and the chart from Rapid KL. As mentioned, no direct bus from Sekysen 2 UiTM. you have to take bus U80 to KL sentral and then change to another bus to Midvalley. KTM komuter might be behind schedule, but as I suggested earlier - try the train on Monday and then the bus on tuesday to check out which option works the best for you. Good luck and if you want to ask me a question in Malay - PM me :)

Selangor
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Thank you to Jadamros, Cassandra and Global_Traveller2000....

My findings so far:

a) Option 1 (walk up to Federal Highway from UiTM)

The traveling time is abt 1 hrs and the single fare can be RM 2.50 or RM 3. The advantage is I can take any of the Klang bus with seats available and disadvantage is I shld not rush crossing the busy road.

b) Option 2 (board U80 bus)

The traveling time is at least 1.5 hours return trip is only RM2. No seats available during peak period and lucky if it is not sardine situation. There is also risk the driver will not stop when it is already REAL sardine. Restricted to U80 and other U buses.

While for KTM, maybe I will try one day.

As of now, I think I will choose Option 1 with alternate days driving. I just can't believe Federal Highway is still jam even when I leave Mid V @ 7pm.

Thanks once more for sharing ;p

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,301 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To Mid Valley by public bus

Hi Jazz030

If I am not wrong:

The KTM commuter also run from Klang/Padang Jawa and stop at Mid Valley but cost more than a bus ride.

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Shah Alam