We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Sibu, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
Public transport

May I know how many city buses are there and where do they each serve? Are there buses going between kuching sentral/ airport and timberland medical centre? Thank you. Doll

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

I don't know of any bus going between Kuching Sentral and Airport, it's either you walk the 1.5km which is not so recommended as the road is pretty much a highway, it doesn't have any walking path or shades. The other option is to take the taxi for RM15

Sibu, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

Thanks for your reply. Trying to figure out a cheaper way than taxi to timberland. but I am not sure what bus number goes there and whether it will stop really near the medical centre.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

there is no public buses going from kuching sentral to timberland. The only way is to use a taxi. You can purchase the taxi coupon from the counter. Public buses that go to timberland only depart from the city.

Sibu, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

Thanks for your reply. I have actually managed to take a bus. Bus no. 6 can send me to timberland medical centre from kuching sentral (cross the road to wait for the bus), it will stop right at the opposite side of the hospital building (the building will be on the right side, but there are a few clinics on the left as well so when you see the clinics you should get down the bus and cross the road). It costs about RM2 and takes about 10 minutes or less. I think the bus also serve the route to general hospital and hospital sentosa. I think it might be possible to go back to kuching sentral from timberland by bus as well because there is also a bus stop in front of timberland, there are also many taxis available there at timberland, they would cost RM 30 or more. Extra info: if you want to go from kuching sentral to 10 mile, take the bus 3A at the bus stop right outside kuching sentral. that's all i know about bus.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 13:53
Sibu, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport

before reaching timberland the bus will go through an underway highway

6. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 16:17