We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a day in KK

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romania
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
a day in KK

Hi, I have a just a day in Decembre to visit KK arriving from Sandakan. I like to take photos so what do you suggest: a day trip to Mount Kinabalu park, few hours on the islands or other trip?

Thank you

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a day in KK

What time do you arrive and depart KK?

I would suggest a trip to the islands of TAR Park. Boats depart from Jesselton Pier at the Northern end of the main shopping area or from the Marina at Sutera Harbour. You could also go and vist the Orangs at Rasa Ria. There are also a lot of other day trips. See information under TOP Questions on the right of this page.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a day in KK

It all depends on what you have seen & done in Sandakan.

There are few Kadazans in Sandakan. So, it might be interesting to capture their culture & traditions by visiting the Kadazan heartland of Penampang (main town is Donggongon). Donggongon is just 25 minutes drive from central KK.

Romania
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a day in KK

Thank you for your suggestions.

I don't swim so if I go to the TAR Park is just for landscapes. About orangs I hope I'll see many of them at Sepilok.

I did't know about Kadazans . I'll read about them on the net and we'll see.

Thanks again

Kota Kinabalu...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: a day in KK

well there are few places to take photos. you can try go to floating mosque, tanjung aru beach, or the wetland conservation in the middle of the city!!all are easy access. do let me know before you arrive Kota Kinabalu will give you more idea of the places you can go.

Romania
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a day in KK

Thank you Stingrays... I'm leaving my country in 3 days and I'll arrive in KK on 5 Dec so I dont have much time to organize my trip in KK but I will follow this forum to see your future advices

Thanks again

Singapore
Level Contributor
291 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a day in KK

If you can't swim, you might find some unique aquatic interactions at The Green Connection.

If you prefer to photograph "people", try the central markets on the waterfront - fish market / fresh market / handicraft market.

A day trip out of the city can be a long day. Why not hire a moped from GoGoSabah and then you can go everywhere listed above!

7. Re: a day in KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 21:20