We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Krakow
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Hi guys,

I am arriving about 8 am to KK airport MH flight. I am interesting how to get by public bus/shuttle to Novotel. Anyway check in to hotel is after 12, so I have some time and dont have to catch taxi. I checked web , that there is some free shuttle to Hypermall, but I cant find way how to get from airport to place where I can catch this bus.

Thanks

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Hi!

MH will arrive at our Terminal 1, located at our Putatan Highway. You'll need to take a cab from the airport-Kota Kinabalu City Centre (get the driver to stop at Warisan Square Bus Stop), from there you can catch the free shuttle to 1 Borneo/Novotel.

Alternately, you could walk out of the Airport (which is not very advisable), catch a local bus by the road side, and they will take you to KK City, but not exactly at the point of the free shuttle pick up. These buses will stop at the bus terminal located near Wawasan Plaza (which requires for a 15mins walk to the shuttle bus stop).

Have fun

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Hiya,

I would say, get a taxi from airport right away from airport to Novotel. Less hassle. It wont cost a lot or wasting time after a long flight. Have a great time in KK. Cheers ~

Krakow
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Hi,

thanks. My flight is just from KL, so its not that long. I even dont have a luggage. As normally check in to hotel is from 2pm, and I arrive at 8am. My friend is arriving later afternoon, I dont have what to do till that time, so I thought to going little bit around KK.Taxi is the the easiest way everywhere, of course in Malaysia is a cheaper than in Europe. But what I dislike is to bargaining about price (as they dont use metters). KL is also difficult about taxi price, especially if you are foreigner(but there is choice in KL). So I thought to take a bus somewhere to KK city, to see around and go afternoon to hotel.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,122 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

If you are lucky you might get a complimentary early check-in by the time you arrive at the hotel at about 10am if they have an available room. Don't forget to smile at the front desk staff :-)

Krakow
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

yeah, sometimes smile helps a lot, depence of hotel policy;-)

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

Hiya,

For your info, some of the taxi here has been implementing on running meters. If I am not wrong there's a counter for taxi in the airport too, you may make sure if they are giving a correct price. Check it out ! Who knows you are lucky enough. Good Luck !

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

If you arrive at the airport you don't have to bargain a price for a taxi. Go to the taxi voucher couner, tell them your destination and they will issue you with a voucher.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,999 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

So as you have time on your hands and no luggage, get a pre paid taxi from the airport into town (no you wont get ripped off), maybe have some breakfast, look around then get the free shuttle bus to Borneo1, see if you can check in early, if not look round the shops til you can.

Enjoy your visit

beijing
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

1 Borneo has a free shuttle bus between Warisan Square which is close to Center Point and the hypermall.

10. Re: Getting from KK airport to NovoteL Borneo1 by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 16:17