We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

Kolkata
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

Hi, we are scheduled to take the Star Cruise Libra from Penang on October 2, 2011. Can any one please suggest the best and cheapest mode of transport from Penang International Airport to the Swettenham Pier port to board the ship?

Atherton
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

I think you will find the Rapid Bus is the cheapest depending on number of people. Bus number 401e goes to the pier. Check out the Rapid website.

http://www.rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/

Regards David

Kolkata
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

Hi David,

Thanks for your valuable guidance. I am sure this will be of extreme help to us.

Thanks once again.

Anirban Dasgupta

Kolkata, India

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
155 reviews
3. Re: Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

Anirban,

you have to consider the arrival time in Penang International Airport and the bus schedule. Just in case the cruise leaves early.

Take care,

Cheers

Kolkata
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

Hi,

Thanks for your advise. You are very true and I hope that I do not miss the cruise!

Regards,

Anirban Dasgupta

Kolkata, India

5. Re: Best and Cheapest Mode of Transport in Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about George Town