We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market near E&O hotel

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Market near E&O hotel

Hi there

Does anyone know if there is a market near the E&O? When I was here a couple of years ago, I remember reading about this market but somehow missed it. So, I am now wondering if it will be this weekend?

Cupert

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market near E&O hotel

1) Little Penang St Market at Upper Penang Road - monthly affair on the last sunday of each month.

Scheduled dates- 25th Apr, 30th May, 27th June, 25 July , 29 Aug.

www.penanginfo.com/390/upper-penang-road/

2) Morning Wet market at the junction of mid Penang Road/Jalan Campbell

www.tourismpenang.gov.my/map_george_town.html

Edited: 15 April 2010, 14:09
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,561 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market near E&O hotel

Hi

Agree it was probaly the month sunday market. It is a local market aimed at the tourist trade, if that makes sense. Nice enough, but nothing special.

Sydney
Level Contributor
679 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market near E&O hotel

That is disappointing as we are only here for a week or so. Must make another trip here.

A couple of years ago, I also bought some costume jewellery from this talented Penangnite. His shop is somewhere in the heritage listing area. I had his business card but unfortunately gave it away, silly me!

Does anyone know of this area?

4. Re: Market near E&O hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 16:21