We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

General Santos...
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

Hi guys. Does anybody know a cooking school other than Nazlina's? I have observed that Nazlina's, an excellent coooking school, cooks Malaysian food in general with emphasis on Muslim food. While I like muslim food but I don't want to limit myself to that. I would love to learn some Penang Chinese/Nyonya pork dishes as well, if there are any. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
1. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 06:07
penang
Level Contributor
1 post
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

Try Pearly homecooks or write to her in her website called my island penang

Perth
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

Penang has been one of my favourite holiday getaway, in order to try something new, my friends and I decided to learn authenthic Penang cooking.

We manage to find Pearly's Homecooks, where she conducts the cooking classes at her house. This trip we learned some Nyonya dishes such as Wind Pork or Hong Bak, Stir Fry vegetable, curry Kapitan and some indian dishes such as mutton rendang and chicken curry. What interest me the most was the fact that Pearly makes her own spicies for the indian cooking, therefore her cooking is successful every time. She even teaches us on how to stored in bulk, how to use fresh herbs and spice and most importantly we liked her style, it's clean and hygienic.

The next time when i visit Penang, i am definately coming to Pearly's Homecooks again attempt other delicious and authentic Pearly's dishes. You can call her mobile at 016-4374380 or register at her website www.my-island-penang.com

No joke, every kitchen must have a Pearly.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

I love my vacation spent in Malaysia recently, especially in the beautiful Penang Island!

I was one of the students in Pearly's Homecooks and she very much reminded me of Kylie Kwong cause her classes are interesting and has her own personal touch of the Chinese/Nyonya recipes and other Malaysian local cuisines. If you learn Pearly's touch and cookings, you can have a cookout of your own wherever you are, if you miss the taste of Penang and its Chinese/Nyonya dishes.

I've registered for Pearly's Homecooks on her website www.my-island-penang.com. I'll recommend you give it a try too!

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

I thoroughly recommend Pearly Kee, a fabulous cook, as keen on detail as on taste and variety. Pearly's a huge personality and an excellent communicator, and I wanted to take her and her sous chef home with me to London. She teaches from home and at the spice garden. Do her course and you'll never be the same again!! I think you can find her as Pearly Homecooks at http://www.my-island-penang.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

I thoroughly recommend Pearly Kee, a fabulous cook, as keen on detail as on taste and variety. Pearly's a huge personality and an excellent communicator, and I wanted to take her and her sous chef home with me to London. Do her course and you'll never be the same again!! I think you can find her as Pearly Homecooks at http://www.my-island-penang.com

7. Re: Chinese/Nyonya Cooking Class in Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:18