We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Package

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling Package

Just a word of advise, do not take any snorkeling package offer at Lumut Jetty. While these people will say that it is much expensive at the island, it is actually cheaper. They will charge you RM 120/boat in actual fact, you can get the same arrangement for only RM80/boat. These are scammers and will charge you the different (between RM40 to RM50) for their 'consultation' fee. Please be aware of this arrangement and spread it out to warn others.

6 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling Package

I agree do not fall for this scam going on around lunut jetty and waterfront !!

If you are going to Nipah bay there are plenty of boat boys that supply you with all you need for a brilliant snorkling session !!

There is one setup that has been there a good few years hes older than a lot of boat boys he is called Non san . He is a mind of unformation about Pangkor island and about the sea where to snorkle and boat trips to go on.

First you tell him what you would like then you agree a price and that is the price you pay no silly add ons !!

He supplys you with all the equipment and looks after you and gives you information places to go and things to see.

iv been going Pangkor many years and i always use Non san. As i trust him.

But saying that all the boat boys in nipah bay are brilliant and look after you its just iv always used non san .

So beware stay away from anyone on lumut jetty trying to sell you trips or recommend places to stay as there is chance you will lose out !!!

Edited: 20 March 2016, 03:59
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling Package

Could you kindly provide the contact for Non San?

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling Package

can i have the number or more information on this non san guy ..tq

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling Package

Hi,

Can I have the contact of Non San? Thank you!

Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling Package

Hi, can I have the number for Non San?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling Package

Hi all when im on pangkor i dont need a fone number to contact non san when you get to nipah bay you will see shacks lineing the beach road you will see all the life jackets hung up to dry just ask any of the boat boys that youd like to talk to non san and he will come shortly after.when he arrives just tell him what youd like to do and arrange a day and price with him before your trip

Reply to: Snorkeling Package
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pangkor