We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Which Pangkor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Hello.

I am thinking of going to Pangkor Laut for my honeymoon and wondered if anyone had any views about hill or garden villas. The hill villas lokk amazing but am a little worried that we would be bombarded by insects - particularly mozzies.

Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Hi xxperdita,

Some have in fact like, the hill villa because one really felt like one was in a rain forest and you could see the monkeys, hear the toucans etc.

Incidentally, the Pavarotti suite is also up in the hills.

So far, none of PLR guests had mentioned about mozzies, being culprit in spoiling their honeymoon.

Negative reviews had been actually the journey going there, though there is a flight, in which someone had complained was delayed on that occassion.

Another one is food, not that it is not fresh or no variety; it was on the high side.

everyone is commented on their beautiful villas, though some had mentioned that from the sea villas, there are foul smell, well you get the foul smell in Venice too, in the hot summer when there is no wind.

Whether it is the hill villa or garden villas that entices you, do not be too worried with mozzies or other insects; it is all part of the experience being in a tropical country, and with air-condition and windows with screens, the issue of mozzie is mitigated.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Let me try to help

Hill Villas

Fantastic View (+)

Cheapest (+)

Furthest from Beach/Resturants (-)

Garden Villas

Nothing to view, bushes maybe (-)

Midpriced (+/-)

Nearer to Resturant and Beach

The insides of the rooms are similar.

The top floor rooms are a bit different from the ground floor ones, applies to both the Garden and Hill Villas. You need to decide whether you want a top floor room or a ground floor one.

pangkorlautresort.com/accomodation/hillvilla…

The top floor room has a open balcony (that means a balcony that has no roof). It has 2 deck chairs where you can lounge. The balcony on the Hill villa over looks the ocean and Pangkor Island, and the view is to die for. However, the bathroom in the top floor room is a regular bath with windows on 3 sides which you can open to see a wall.

The ground floor room has a covered balcony (that means the balcony of the unit above covers your balcony top). You still get a nice view but you don't get the sky. However, the lower floor has an open bath that you can see the sky and bath under the stars.

…ytlhotels.com/RESORTS/PLR1/page/image11.html

In summary, you have to decide -

View & Lower Price : Hill Villa

Convenience : Garden Villa

View : Top Floor

Outdoor Bath : Bottom Floor

For me, I enjoy looking far and being under the stars, so I would take the Hill Villa upper floor, at tne expense of not having the outdoor bath.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Thanks a lot, that's really useful. I think I will try and book the top floor of the hill villa as recommended.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

Oh Yes, regarding mozzies -

In the rooms they give you an electric mosquito repellent.

When I was there, I asked them for extra mosquito coils. I'm not sure if you've seen them in London. They are usually green in color and when lighted by fire, they burn like incense that gives off a sooty smokey smell which drives away mosquitos.

I put them at the balcony in the evening when I want to lie outside.

You can also bring mosquito repellent to be applied on the skin if you go for jungle treks.

England
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pangkor Laut -Garden or Hill Villa?

If you say you are on honeymoon, then they wil prob upgrade you- I orginally booked a garden villa and was upgraded to a sea villa (mega!)

have a great time

(just rememeber to stock up on cheap booze at the port- wine is about £40 a bottle so you may want a pre-dinner drink before your meal!)