We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Calling all Destination Experts and fellow travellers,

Slacker here requires your knowledge and assistance on car rental rates in Langkawi.

Shortlisted Indrah and Kasina (after looking thru the various postings. Born slacker but not a slacker). Two questions as below.

1) Any deposits required for above listed companies? My friend's deposit was "permanent deposited" with a Langkawi car rental company (shall no name names here) as he had an early flight and the car rental booth wasn't open.

2) Any info on daily rates on an automatic car for the above listed companies will be greatly appreciated.

Slacker here thanks everyone in advance!! Cheers. =)

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Hi

Depending on your arrival time, we arrived at 09:30am, the rental desks in the airport should be open.

There are about a dozen desks all trying to get you to part with your hard earned cash & both Kasina & Indra are there.

We have rented a Proton Saga auto for RM70 per day from Indra so this should be your target. We were given a wreck to start with as they hadn't got what we wanted & were told we could have that for RM50 per day (I wouldn't have paid RM20 for that particular car) The guy bought our proper car to the hotel later in the day but that wouldn't start becouse the key have been dropped in water so we got yet another car which is fine. I only mention all of this because it is not only the price of the car that you should go on but the service that you receive.

Some companies chare a RM50 "key deposit" & I have heard that this is often not returned.

Have fun

Mick

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
2. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Thanks for the info Mick. Appreciate it.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,777 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Hi Mick

Please direct me to find a car a Langkawi for Rm20/ a day

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

Hi Leopang

What I said was that I wouldn't have paid RM20 per day.

The car was a wreck & as such was worth nothing to me

Mick

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,777 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

OK,point taken.

Cheers

6. Re: Car Rental Rates - Help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 15:16