We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

Which Mersing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

Can anyone compare the car parking experience at Mersing and Tanjong Gemok? Which is safer? I heard you can park at private homes as well - any recommendations? Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
387 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

I have experience parking at Mersing 3 times to Tioman but I never take ferry from Tg Gemok. So I can't compare but there are many parking area at Mersing eg parking near jetty, home, school, private area etc. There would be lots of parking signage around the jetty and the parking is per day charges and the parking area is gated and guarded as well. Cheers!!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

Recently we have parked our one year old Mercedes for three days in the Parking area near the Jetty. we have apprehensions while parking as it was open parking even open to sea. However after three days visit to Tioman, we have collected the Car safely. The charges are even reasonable RM 25 for three days (USD 3 Per day approx.)

This is an open car park. There could be some damage due to Strong sun light, otherwise in my opinion safe..

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

Park in Mersing, I had even had my vehicle parked in Hotel Sri Malaysia car park, and a lady at the hotel, which I also bought the ferry ticket was so nice to transport us to the jetty in her private car, then when we return, we just walked it back to Hotel Sri Malaysia.

Had also done Tg.Gemok-- never will take ferry from here. The ferry schedule is not so streamlined as in Mersing.

Try to reach there early, particularly if there is a long weekend,otherwise you see many folks driving around looking for car park,then guys read the signals,esp the govt homes, they can even go to RM20/day.

Another spot,though slightly further from jetty is the hospital.

Once, one of our more enterprising local Malaysian friend managed to talk to Rawa office guard,and we managed to park in their covered car park for RM10/day.

4. Re: Compare carpark safety Mersing vs Tg Gemok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 14:15