We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

The tour group I'm with this coming August 2011 has a free day in Fukuoka and while some are going to the Kumamoto area, a few have inquired about going to Sasebo to see the Saikai Bridges at the Hario Channel. We all have JR Passes, so those people will be taking the train to Sasebo. However, I'm having a hard time finding a local weekday bus schedule to the Saikaibashi area (and back).

This "Welcome to Sasebo" website says to take the Saihi bus to area:

sasebo99.com/english/…index.html

But, checking the Saihi bus website gets frustrating since the timetable for a Sasebo -> Nagasaki run gets an Error 404 message (even the Japanese language version). All I can pull up is this:

rakubus.jp/english/…ssb_sik

Are there any other online resources of getting a Saihi bus day schedule to the Saikai Bridge area from Sasebo? Would prefer something readable in english, or at least could be translated via Google or Excite, please.

5 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

www.bus.saihigroup.co.jp/nagasakisen.html

First table from top Sasebo (5th time column from left) -> Nagasaki. Next table is for the other direction

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

Thank you very much for the quick answer!

singapore
Level Contributor
732 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

Khyron 82 - Sorry for butting into your thread.

bibimbob - If I take the 11.30 am bus from Sasebo Station, can I know which bus stop to alight for Saikaibashi Bridge.

From the table, I noted that the bus does not stop at all the stops indicated.

Thanks

Sandy

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
270 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

@ maxilee - Not a problem.

I 'm having a hard time trying to figure out where the bus stops at Saikaibashi using that schedule also. Closest thing I could find to a description of how to do it was in this blog:

…blogspot.com/2009/03/shinsaikaibashi-bridge…

And the writer had a hard time with the bus too! Sounds like he was lucky that he wandered over to the Saikaibashi Corazon Hotel that's just east of the original 1955 bridge.

singapore
Level Contributor
732 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi

Khyron 82 - Thanks for the link.

I will be going in early April, I will post my adventure when I am back. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will find my way.

Cheers

Sandy

Reply to: Sasebo Bus Schedule to Saikaibashi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sasebo
Recent Conversations