We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Hi,

My partner and I are planning a trip to Japan in 2015. He is a dialysis patient. Does anyone know if/where holiday Dialysis is possible in Tokyo and outside Tokyo. What is the cost? Are the facilities safe?

Thanks!

50 replies to this topic
Japan
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
1. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Most clinics are closed on Sunday.

http://dialysis-tokyo.com/eng/hours/

http://www.shirota-medical.com/english.html

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,773 posts
2. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Here's an old thread -- with another older thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k7109…

You might want to send a message to those who asked. They might have good advice on what they did.

Singapore
11 posts
3. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

I went to Tokyo for dialysis for 3 straight years . Rest assured, their service if far better than in Singapore. They offer bed service . I had no issues at all during my treatment of 6 sessions. The cost is 30000 Yen for each session. recommend is 6000 Yen . Being in Tokyo , it is also easy to travel to Yokohama and Nikko . I also visited Disneyland . If you need any guidance, call me. I would be most pleased to help out. I am A Singaporean too . It is worth going. You won't regret.

Vermont
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
670 reviews
4. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

@Amy P

Welcome to the Japan forums.

I can not help you with your dialysis question. I can, however, say that from everything I know about Japan your question <<Are the facilities safe? >> can be answered with a Yes, they should be. Japan is a very advanced country offering top notch medical care. But of course you want to check them out for yourself.

@Klly1898 Welcome to the Japan forums.

Your advice to Amy P is most kind.

But you say <<If you need any guidance, call me. I would be most pleased to help out. I am A Singaporean too . It is worth going. You won't regret.>>

Amy is from Brisbane, Australia.

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,738 posts
317 reviews
5. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Well, it's good if you can find a dialysis facility at an affordable price in Tokyo.

But, I am a physician working in a University Hostipal in a vicinity of Tokyo, and I am also working in a large dialysis hospital in Mito, where it takes 90 min from Tokyo by an express train, Hitachi or Tokiwa, of JR Joban Line plus Tokyo-Ueno Line. If you cannot find a dialysis facility in Tokyo at reasonable price, let me know and I will introduce you to the hospital. If you come on late February to March to Mito, you should visit the familiar Kairakuen Garden, one of the best 3 gardens in Japan, where you can see very beautiful Ume (plum) flowers in full bloom. Please see my review here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298166-d3…

Also, April is good for viewing Cherry Blossoms (Sakuras) in Mito, especially in Senba-ko (Lake).

Please read my review here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298166-d1…

Best,

Mabei0123

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

@Kelly1898 Hi i'm from a Thailand. I'm planning to got to Japan. Can you help me about dialysis in tokyo? Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Hi! Can you also share more information wrt holiday dialysis in Tokyo? TIA

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
8. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Hi @kelly1898 , may I know what you mean by ¥30000 but recommend ¥6000?

The fees are not standardised?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Edited: 08 July 2016, 11:44
Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
198 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Hi there! A useful resource is Global Dialysis globaldialysis.com/search-for-dialysis-centr… It looks like there are a few units..

As a snr Dialysis nurse you need to ask besides how much does it cost, do you reuse dialysers or lines? I won't think they would but I would still ask...if they do ask your NUM could you take what you need for each treatment and take one with you each time. Can they guarantee your booking and if not can they recommend a unit where they can...I would see if there is an international HD unit like BMCI in Bali, so atleast you'll fluent english speaking nurses.

There are also websites like Ihatedialysis.com which you may or maynot be aware of...you could try there or even try KHA to see if they can help you.

Also you must try to get health insurance as we have no Medicare agreement with Japan, as you probably know you'll have to bear all medical costs. You could try Insure and Go or Covermore as they seem to be taking on hard cases...but it will be expensive, just incase something happens. They won't cover your dialysis but if something else happens...they may cover you but be clear on what they will or won't cover.

All the best,

Miss M

1 post
10. Re: Holiday Dialysis in Japan

Hi kelly ,

My husband needs dialysis and wld appreciate is you could give us details of the center in Tokyo we plan to go there for our holiday.and koto also.

Looking for forward to yr reply

Reply to: Holiday Dialysis in Japan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted